More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
Signature
Please give me beta access, I would LOVE to test CO-OP
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access

Welcome to Encampment, a map almost as rainy and wet as Townsville during cyclone season. This map was produced by the popular ProRevenge, with the Help of HarryBo21 with his Perks and People like Steviewonder87 for weapons. A little disclaimer, this is a V1.0, so any updates that rectify and negativities in this review will be updated/removed when any updates are released that may rectify them.

Well, without further ado, let’s get into the Pros and Cons in this map.

PROS

Wide Variety of Weapons at your disposal: This map is loaded with a wide range of weapons from a variety of Call of Duty titles, as well as Battlefield. This Ranges from Black Ops 1’s AK-74U & the Uzi to Black Ops 3’s ARK-7 (now known as the KN-44) and the Battlefield SiG 556. Weapons felt smooth and worked well at slaying the zombies that it was tasked with.
Great colour Palette: I love maps like this, when it looks stunning and plays well whilst doing so. This map stands out from the other maps as it uses a more vibrant colour palette instead of a post-apocalyptic grey-ish setting. The community needs to make more maps under this colour palette, as most maps have been going for a darker setting, which is being overused. Maps like Shangri-La were pretty maps to look at, so more maps like it would definitely be a step in the right direction.

Harry’s Perk system: Of course, the perk system which debuted in Pro’s last map, have returned better than ever. Perks work well, and the updated Deadshot Daiquiri is a treat for building points.

Well, no map is perfect, so let’s get into the Cons of this map.

CONS

Perk limit: Before you go ahead and rev me about there being a way to get more than 4 perks, let me explain. The perk drop is extremely rare, kind of like the Perk-a-holic gobblegum everybody hunts for. I only received 1 of these drops in the 30 rounds I’ve played. Maybe a little side quest to be able to earn more slots would be nice, but if not, it’s no biggie, but it is a little annoying.

No Hells Retriever or Death Machine Drops: There is obviously a reason this was removed from the map, but they were nice additions to the map during the BETA of it. The Death Machine drop was useful when you got your hands on the
WunderWaffe DG-2 Drop, as you would be good until you ran out of ammo, which by then you should be doing pretty fine.

Final Verdict

Level Detail: 10/10. Looks great, colour palette really made me get engrossed into the map.

Custom Content: 9/10. Everything, literally everything is custom, except the Knife Model.

Fun Scale: 8/10. Lots of fun can be had, as there are a lot of new toys to try out.

Replayability: 6/10. As mentioned earlier, this map has a lot of guns to try out to see which is best, but after doing that,
this map had me losing interest in it, as I was getting bored of it.

Overall Score: 33/40

Download Link: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,7914.0.html
broken avatar :(
  • Exofile
  • Deleted Member
Exofile
This user is deleted :(
Nice review, but why pick on something that was cut? Would you still put it as a "con" if it was never even mentioned?  ::)
Date Registered: 29 July 2015
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
children should not be playing call of duty
Signature
⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁
Koan's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Koan's Contact & Social Linksh-r_Koan_my website
Nice review Jif. I'd have scored Replayability higher, I played it several times without getting bored. Gotta agree with Exo too, marking features that were cut as a con - it was completely out of his control cause Harry Bo21 decided to just stop helping for some reason, at an inconvenient time.
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
cant remember why death machine was dropped, but think it was to do with conflictions with other scripts that i wouldnt have had time to sort out

Hells retriever didnt really "need" to be dropped, but had a few little bugs that im sure people wouldnt have taken kindly too ( like not being able to get another after dying, and sometimes just wouldnt work after downing )

our box was also dropped due to client problems with the anims, but ive been trying to fix that "animations dont happen for clients" bug since last year to no avail lol. The script and anims were fine, just using it in pros maps for some reason makes this bug occur

also a couple of guns were by me, and the scav came from stuffy ;)

* Edit - also i did not just "stop helping", i "could not" resolve the issues he had because they ONLY effect him and everyone was going on at me about how they were stopping soon to move onto BO3 so...
True Blue Elite
Date Registered: 29 March 2014
Last active: 10 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
cant remember why death machine was dropped, but think it was to do with conflictions with other scripts that i wouldnt have had time to sort out

Hells retriever didnt really "need" to be dropped, but had a few little bugs that im sure people wouldnt have taken kindly too ( like not being able to get another after dying, and sometimes just wouldnt work after downing )

our box was also dropped due to client problems with the anims, but ive been trying to fix that "animations dont happen for clients" bug since last year to no avail lol. The script and anims were fine, just using it in pros maps for some reason makes this bug occur

also a couple of guns were by me, and the scav came from stuffy ;)

* Edit - also i did not just "stop helping", i "could not" resolve the issues he had because they ONLY effect him and everyone was going on at me about how they were stopping soon to move onto BO3 so...
Thank you for dropping that info onto me.

Loading ...