UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

[Beta] UGX Mod Standalone v1.1.0 (updated 1/3/2016)

HOTPINNED
broken avatar :(
Created 8 years ago
by treminaor
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.

Hey guys, its time for me to need some testers for UGX Mod v1.1 installation on 3rd party maps. UGX Site Donors  <3 got access to this beta back in August and got first dibs at testing. I've refined it over the last few months and am ready for more testing.

I've been working on a quick modification to the UGX Script Placer called UGX Mod Helper, which will be used to install UGX Mod automatically, generate UGX Mod map scripts automatically, and eliminate the need to ever use the Project Mover again. I will need people to not only test the functionality of this new application but also UGX Mod Standalone v1.1 itself.

I am looking for people with MODDING EXPERIENCE who aren't going to get stuck on small issues or details/problems that aren't even related to UGX Mod. Please don't clutter the thread or waste my time.

If you feel you meet these requirements then please download the mod via the Installation Guide link below. I want to track issues using Jira like I did with Requiem and will probably have a way you can report your own issues that you find, but for now we will use this thread.

To give you an idea of where I'm at currently, I was able to install a totally stock version of WaW, patch it to 1.7, install modtools up to 1.4, and then running the UGX Mod Helper took care of the rest (installed the UGX Modtools Patch (which won't cause the ugx_modder_help error anymore...) and installed UGX Mod v1.1 and generated a working map which I was able to compile and play with no errors). I've also had reports from some early testers that they were able to install the mod successfully to their maps without any issues. One person had to install T4M because they hit some limits after adding the mod.

Known Bugs in v1.1.0

> Start Game and/or Save & Close options button missing from screen (see here for temporary fix!)

Download & Documentation

> UGX Mod v1.1 Installation Guide - how to use the UGX Mod Helper or manually install the mod.
> Mapper Documentation - what prefabs you need to place, configuration, etc.

Releasing a map with the mod beta on it?

If you're able to install the mod to your map successfully then feel free to release it - there are no restrictions on releases at this time. Please be sure to note in your release thread that you installed the BETA version of UGX Mod v1.1, as there may be bugs that I need to fix and release updates for at a later date.

Goal for non-beta release

My goal is to have a non-beta release by the end of December, but we'll see how that goes.
Date Registered: 17 July 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
- It was a clear black night, a clear white moon -
Signature
<3

AnimalLover

Aranda
Aldenrade
Christmas

<3

animallover's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
I'll give this a few more tries and try to over come the small problems I had with the memory limit. Thank you ugx :)
Date Registered: 27 January 2015
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Signature
liamsa669's Groups
liamsa669's Contact & Social Links
I think im quallified, if its only testing and not releasing (I am not working on any map curently)... I have tons of experience in finding glitches. Also i do have experience with all types of errors and what causes them. Back when I was an admin at GCZ I even started writing a error lookup tool... even though that was in the alpha stages when I ended up quitting. I feel that I have had tons of experience when I first started mapping with UGX mod. I installed it tons of times only to get errors, that now that I look at it was caused by my own carelessness. Even though I am considered a more "troll" person on this community, there is evidence that I know what Im doing and I have helped countless people out.

Ill tell u how it turns out
Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 04:59:28 pm by liamsa669
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
animallover's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
anyway of removing some of the guns to add extra memory? or does that not matter at all
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
anyway of removing some of the guns to add extra memory? or does that not matter at all
It is no longer possible with 1.1.
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
It is no longer possible with 1.1.
well i mean originally Trem said he may release a version without the ugx guns in it. Not sure if he still intends to
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
On line 1149 in ugxm_hacker.gsc it is assumed that a door has the .angles KVP when it might not. As such, it may prevent the origin from being set correctly.

Edit: Yes, i know its map related. Just suggesting that you wrap an if statement and print something on-screen to let the mapper know that they need to specify .angles.

Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 10:38:08 pm by daedra descent
Date Registered: 1 February 2015
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Newbie in IT, only wanted to do film.
Signature
"When in doubt, go flat out"
sampoltex's Groups
sampoltex's Contact & Social Links@RoyalFranzYTNFSVocaloid007
can't wait for the public release. i have a map that won't be done until 1.1 is released
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
If you feel you meet these requirements then please download the mod via the Installation Guide link below

Download & Documentation

> UGX Mod v1.1 Installation Guide - how to use the UGX Mod Helper or manually install the mod.
> Mapper Documentation - what prefabs you need to place, configuration, etc.

Releasing a map with the mod beta on it?

Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 11:54:12 pm by Harry Bo21
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
well i mean originally Trem said he may release a version without the ugx guns in it. Not sure if he still intends to
I might, but definitely not until the normal version of the mod is finalized - because otherwise I would have to maintain and update two versions which is a pain in the ass.

On line 1149 in ugxm_hacker.gsc it is assumed that a door has the .angles KVP when it might not. As such, it may prevent the origin from being set correctly.

Edit: Yes, i know its map related. Just suggesting that you wrap an if statement and print something on-screen to let the mapper know that they need to specify .angles.
Why would you have a door specified with no angles? I'll look into it.
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
I might, but definitely not until the normal version of the mod is finalized - because otherwise I would have to maintain and update two versions which is a pain in the ass.

Yeah i know those struggles thanks to my craftables that were only compatible with "one version" of my perks lol. Nightmare
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
Why would you have a door specified with no angles? I'll look into it.

Actually after looking at it again, it isn't because .angles isn't specified. Its because the function doesn't check to make sure that there are buyable doors in the map before running, leading to a developer error.

Adding an if statement after getting the array of doors and returning if its not defined fixes it.

Edit:

The for() loop in that function isn't right either:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
	for(i = 0; i < 1; i ++)

which should be:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
for(i=0;i<doors.size;i++)

Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 01:39:21 am by daedra descent
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Actually after looking at it again, it isn't because .angles isn't specified. Its because the function doesn't check to make sure that there are buyable doors in the map before running, leading to a developer error.

Adding an if statement after getting the array of doors and returning if its not defined fixes it.

Edit:

The for() loop in that function isn't right either:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
	for(i = 0; i < 1; i ++)

which should be:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
for(i=0;i<doors.size;i++)
Weird, not sure if I did that for testing or what. You'll notice the correct line is commented right above it.
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
its a conspiracy  :troll:

:D
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
animallover's Groups
I've fixed the memory limit error. It seems that by not installing the UGX patch manually and letting the helper do it for me it seemed to work perfectly fine.

Double Post Merge: December 22, 2015, 10:41:45 am
Never mind came across this yet again

Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 10:41:45 am by animallover

Loading ...