Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Ambiguous
sal24r's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
sal24r's Contact & Social LinksSal24rPasagatv

Hi, is there a way to increase this distance?
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 26 October 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Projects:
CPH (Collingwood Psychiatric Hospital) - Map Testing
Raze - Map Testing
JadenSzewczak's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
JadenSzewczak's Contact & Social LinksKazcwezsjadenszewczakszwczk
I've always wanted to do the console style Safe Area... :'(
Date Registered: 1 March 2013
Last active: 3 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
2015 Contest Winner
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Caw caw caw
johndoe's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
2015 Contest Winner
johndoe's Contact & Social Linksmyc153-johndoe
as far as i know, that distance is depends on the resolution which means you can't change it :|
[UGX] Documentation Writer & Programmer
Date Registered: 23 August 2013
Last active: 6 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
(ง º ω º )ง u wont sum m8y?
Signature
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
DidUknowiPwn's Groups
UGX Team Member
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Would have to modify all "rect" properties in hud.menu, which is not favorable....
Date Registered: 28 July 2013
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Ambiguous
sal24r's Groups
sal24r's Contact & Social LinksSal24rPasagatv
the file "safearea.menu" might be of help?
Date Registered: 26 August 2012
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
JustForFun119's Groups
JustForFun119's Contact & Social LinksJustForFun119
There's a way of doing and it should be easy :)

Round Indicator (Chalk Drawings)

Copy _zombiemode.gsc from the raw/maps folder to your mod folder, if you didn't have one.

In the _zombiemode.gsc, there is a 'round_start' function, and you should see two lines:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
level.chalk_hud1 = create_chalk_hud();
level.chalk_hud2 = create_chalk_hud( 64 );
the function - create_chalk_hud actually creates the round indicator HUD at the bottom right of the screen.
The value inside the brackets are the horizontal distance from the edge of the screen.
Therefore, 'chalk_hud1' in created on the very edge of the screen, while 'chalk_hud2' in created 64 (pixels?) from the edge.
*'chalk_hud1' is actually the first 5 chalks drawings; 'chalk_hud2' is the second 5 chalks, which all makes up to 10 chalk drawings.

If you're trying to move the chalk hud further away from the edge, just change the values inside the brackets.
e.g. I want the chalk hud to be 20 pixels further, then you'll have to change the lines of code to:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
level.chalk_hud1 = create_chalk_hud( 20 );
level.chalk_hud2 = create_chalk_hud( 84 );
Just remember to have the second chalk hud 64 pixels away from the first one; of course you change it on your own to your liking :)

IMPORTANT NOTE:
Be careful when modifying the chalk hud because there are many function within _zombiemode.gsc that dealt with the chalk hud. Find the keyword 'chalk' in the script and modify the distance, x/y-offsets, and shader sizes; to ensure that the chalk hud looks fine in-game. Test it in-game to see if something is messed up; look into the codes to understand how it works. There are more than just 2 lines of code that handle the chalk hud.

Perks Icons (Shaders)

For the perks icons, you'll have to do similar adjustment, to the perk script.
Again, copy _zombiemode_perks.gsc to your mod folder if you didn't have one.

Find the function 'perk_hud_create', and there should be a line:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
hud.x = self.perk_hud.size * 30; 
This essentially aligns all perks horizontally by setting the icons to be apart, multiplying the perk's count by 30.
So, if the player buys the third perk, the icon will be created 90 pixels away from the edge of the screen.

Let's say you'd like to space out the perks as well for 20 pixels away from the edge, you can do this:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
hud.x = (self.perk_hud.size * 30) + 20; 
So that all of the perks' icons will be 20 pixels away as well.
*The number '30' is NOT the distance between the icons because the x-position is only a point on the screen. The shaders are actually 24x24 pixels large so the perks' icons are effectively 6 pixels apart.

Looking into other lines in that function; you can modify anything about the perks' shaders.
You can change it's y-position, alpha, even shader size, that is just mentioned. Be careful while modifying the shader' size because it correlates with the distance between icons, so you'll have to adjust 2 values.

Looking into _zombiemode.gsc and _zombiemode_perks.gsc gives you a lot of idea, of how the game works :D
Hope this works.
Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 10:52:33 am by JustForFun119
[UGX] Documentation Writer & Programmer
Date Registered: 23 August 2013
Last active: 6 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
(ง º ω º )ง u wont sum m8y?
DidUknowiPwn's Groups
UGX Team Member
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
There's a way of doing and it should be easy :)

Round Indicator (Chalk Drawings)

Copy _zombiemode.gsc from the raw/maps folder to your mod folder, if you didn't have one.

In the _zombiemode.gsc, there is a 'round_start' function, and you should see two lines:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
level.chalk_hud1 = create_chalk_hud();
level.chalk_hud2 = create_chalk_hud( 64 );
the function - create_chalk_hud actually creates the round indicator HUD at the bottom right of the screen.
The value inside the brackets are the horizontal distance from the edge of the screen.
Therefore, 'chalk_hud1' in created on the very edge of the screen, while 'chalk_hud2' in created 64 (pixels?) from the edge.
*'chalk_hud1' is actually the first 5 chalks drawings; 'chalk_hud2' is the second 5 chalks, which all makes up to 10 chalk drawings.

If you're trying to move the chalk hud further away from the edge, just change the values inside the brackets.
e.g. I want the chalk hud to be 20 pixels further, then you'll have to change the lines of code to:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
level.chalk_hud1 = create_chalk_hud( 20 );
level.chalk_hud2 = create_chalk_hud( 84 );
Just remember to have the second chalk hud 64 pixels away from the first one; of course you change it on your own to your liking :)

IMPORTANT NOTE:
Be careful when modifying the chalk hud because there are many function within _zombiemode.gsc that dealt with the chalk hud. Find the keyword 'chalk' in the script and modify the distance, x/y-offsets, and shader sizes; to ensure that the chalk hud looks fine in-game. Test it in-game to see if something is messed up; look into the codes to understand how it works. There are more than just 2 lines of code that handle the chalk hud.

Perks Icons (Shaders)

For the perks icons, you'll have to do similar adjustment, to the perk script.
Again, copy _zombiemode_perks.gsc to your mod folder if you didn't have one.

Find the function 'perk_hud_create', and there should be a line:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
hud.x = self.perk_hud.size * 30; 
This essentially aligns all perks horizontally by setting the icons to be apart, multiplying the perk's count by 30.
So, if the player buys the third perk, the icon will be created 90 pixels away from the edge of the screen.

Let's say you'd like to space out the perks as well for 20 pixels away from the edge, you can do this:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
hud.x = (self.perk_hud.size * 30) + 20; 
So that all of the perks' icons will be 20 pixels away as well.
*The number '30' is NOT the distance between the icons because the x-position is only a point on the screen. The shaders are actually 24x24 pixels large so the perks' icons are effectively 6 pixels apart.

Looking into other lines in that function; you can modify anything about the perks' shaders.
You can change it's y-position, alpha, even shader size, that is just mentioned. Be careful while modifying the shader' size because it correlates with the distance between icons, so you'll have to adjust 2 values.

Looking into _zombiemode.gsc and _zombiemode_perks.gsc gives you a lot of idea, of how the game works :D
Hope this works.
He'd also have to modify hud.menu in order to get the right side of the hud to match with the left side.
Date Registered: 26 August 2012
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
JustForFun119's Groups
JustForFun119's Contact & Social LinksJustForFun119
He'd also have to modify hud.menu in order to get the right side of the hud to match with the left side.
Yeah, that is still true... I'm just explaining how to modify the left side as he asked.
UM Member, Mapper and 3d Modeler
Date Registered: 8 February 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Port Arthur
Signature
pashan's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
idk if ya'll know this, but i believe that image is from bo2 (i may be wrong) 8)
Date Registered: 17 August 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Web & Software Developer and Designer
Signature
"Deleted code is debugged code." - Jeff Sickel
"Mathematicians stand on each others' shoulders and computer scientists stand on each others' toes." - Richard Hamming
JR-Imagine's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
idk if ya'll know this, but i believe that image is from bo2 (i may be wrong) 8)

Sorry, had to. :please:

Loading ...