Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
Ok, so my understanding is that im going to need Clientscripts for this

Im still doing my ray gun. Jei was kind enough to share him FX and i made a basic bullet one myself.

However I quickly noticed there is no way to choose a custom FX for bullets or impact in a weapon file...

So scripting is the way, however I need a point of reference.

I looked at _zombiemode_tesla, but from what my limited knowledge could see, this is just for the effects on the gun itself.

I could do with some tips and advice. You dont have to answer it all, just gimmie a point of reference. Im not new to scripting

Thanks all ;)
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 17 December 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
1,404Add +1
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
It aint much, if it aint Dutch
Signature
BluntStuffy's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
BluntStuffy's Contact & Social LinksBluntstuffy@BluntZombieBluntStuffyStuffyZombie
You dont need clientscripts for that, and you cant create a new impact-FX as far as i know. There is a way to over-write and existing one, and for example make all bullet-small impacts the new MK2 FX. Then you just need to make sure only the MK2 is using that impact-fx.
Impact FX are defined in raw\fx\maps\MAPNAME_impacts.csv, take a look at factory_impacts.csv for example. Where treyarch replaced the tank_shell impacts with the tesla-gun one's. There's also some explanation at the top of the .csv
Date Registered: 19 February 2013
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
blued00r's Groups
blued00r's Contact & Social Linksdanmag9675bluew0lvblued00rbluew0lv
For the MKII if you set the weapon file correctly, you can use projExplosionEffect to override what your looking for.
Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 01:35:44 pm by blued00r
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
For the MKII if you set the weapon file correctly, you can use projExplosionEffect to override what your looking for.

And a nice healthy dose of splash damage to go along with it  ;)
Respect
1,404Add +1
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BluntStuffy's Groups
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
BluntStuffy's Contact & Social LinksBluntstuffy@BluntZombieBluntStuffyStuffyZombie
And a nice healthy dose of splash damage to go along with it  ;)

And no bullet-penetration..
Date Registered: 10 October 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
ProGamerzFTW's Groups
One thing I'm confused about is elfenlied's version of the MKII where there is no csv or impact FX's defined in the weapon file, but still has the impact FX as a bulletweapon (or w/e the normal weapon type is) O_O
Respect
1,404Add +1
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BluntStuffy's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
One thing I'm confused about is elfenlied's version of the MKII where there is no csv or impact FX's defined in the weapon file, but still has the impact FX as a bulletweapon (or w/e the normal weapon type is) O_O

Dunno about Elfenlied, but i've used .gsc to create the bullet-FX and impact-FX for the left gun of my akimbo-mausers. Also possible, but a bit less accurate prob
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Some very helpful info there guys. More than enough to get me started ;)

Thanks all ;)

Double Post Merge: October 11, 2014, 09:07:16 am
I investigated, but no luck so far lol
Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 09:07:16 am by Harry Bo21
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
ok, so following advice and files, I have set up my raygun as a projectile, which makes the FX work properly

However, like stevie pointed out, still has splash damage, and does not "penetrate", just ends on impact

Im guessing this is why overriding FX was suggested to me before. Anyone mind helping me out?

Loading ...