Created 9 years ago
by Deleted User
broken avatar :(
  • Frrrozn
  • Deleted Member
Frrrozn
This user is deleted :(
Alright so I am trying to get another base of a map to work on an idea and I have ran into a problem. I am not going to go any further until this can be fixed. If it can not I'll just delete this map and start over. I want to know how to fix the problem itself however just in case for in the future so I'll know how.

The image on the left is me facing one side of the wall. Notice that all bullet holes are just black circles on the ground beside the window also. The picture in the middle is facing the other side. The third picture shows facing the same way as the second picture, but lighting up the darkness with the light off a gun.

http://gyazo.com/5503f5bb083a0f38cfcf51b579b80fc1

A great question is why is the floor that weird pale blue color?

This picture below is the worldspawn settings.

http://gyazo.com/879f0eb45fb7162b5e1c57ada4924865

This picture below is the 3d view of the wall without the sun preview on.

http://gyazo.com/cf3d45a5c68c952b506d0e25b1836c3e

This picture shows the sun preview on. The darkness you are seeing inside the fence is all round and a shadow behind it. It is inside it or something.

http://gyazo.com/41ddb6acaa2c8babb1a5fe28aa82d48a

I would like to know how to avoid this next time.
[UGX] Developer
Date Registered: 28 October 2013
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
[UGX] Developer
Lukkie1998's Groups
UGX Team Member
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
UGX Chat Moderator Has the ability to mute, kick, or ban chat members for being abusive or breaking the rules of the forum.
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
2015 Participant
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Move your map up in radiant. If it's too low, there will be some fog. You can do this by making sure nothing is filtered out, press "i" and move everything straight up. Doesn't matter how much, as long as it goes up enough to remove the fog.

Lukkie1998
  • Frrrozn
  • Deleted Member
Frrrozn
Move your map up in radiant. If it's too low, there will be some fog. You can do this by making sure nothing is filtered out, press "i" and move everything straight up. Doesn't matter how much, as long as it goes up enough to remove the fog.

Lukkie1998
This has helped. However the boards on the window are still the same. Just black and will be lit up by light off a gun or grenade.
  • Frrrozn
  • Deleted Member
Frrrozn
Alright so the lights i have put on the map do not light up the ground. Which is just a big brush expanded out as one big floor.  But it will light objects accordingly  whereabouts the positioning. The lighting works on the zombies and the player depending on location as well. So simply only the floor is not being affected by the light.

http://gyazo.com/78ae58366b1ffe71f38635e15a963cf4
[UGX] Developer
Date Registered: 28 October 2013
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
[UGX] Developer
Lukkie1998's Groups
UGX Team Member
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
UGX Chat Moderator Has the ability to mute, kick, or ban chat members for being abusive or breaking the rules of the forum.
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
2015 Participant
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Alright so the lights i have put on the map do not light up the ground. Which is just a big brush expanded out as one big floor.  But it will light objects accordingly  whereabouts the positioning. The lighting works on the zombies and the player depending on location as well. So simply only the floor is not being affected by the light.

http://gyazo.com/78ae58366b1ffe71f38635e15a963cf4
This is because you don't have a caulkbox around your map. This is basically a giant hollow box made out of caulk brushes, but the 6 insides are textured with a sky texture. This way it will make the lights light up your ground/boards, as well as shadows of the sunlight, etc.

Lukkie1998
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87

You're an elephant? :P
  • Frrrozn
  • Deleted Member
Frrrozn
Thanks for the help. If there any other problems that occur, I will post here again. I am sure I had these problems because this is the first time I was able to get an UGX modded map to start working rather than a Der Riese only stockpile and I have noticed some differences on how a few things work.
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
err... theres no difference to the mapping side of this UGX or not lol  ;D

Loading ...