My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
We are thinking of having an "early access" build that is publicly updated once a week (once we get something worth playing). And then tweaking / adding to / removing what the community thinks is fun.

Or would you guys rather wait for more finalized builds to go into the wild?

How about public sign up for early access. If you rather wait, wait. If you complain about bugs instead of being productive, your off the list, or on the list of not beta approved. So it will be semi private as in you will control who you agree to have it, but limited control since it could be redistributed potentially.
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
How about public sign up for early access. If you rather wait, wait. If you complain about bugs instead of being productive, your off the list, or on the list of not beta approved. So it will be semi private as in you will control who you agree to have it, but limited control since it could be redistributed potentially.
sounds good to me, incentive to behave
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet

So your saying they should do something other than report bugs? Isn't that kind of the point of beta testing, to complain about bugs/issues that you find? Would you rather they lie and tell you that the map is perfect and has nothing wrong with it, only for non beta testers to complain on release?
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
So your saying they should do something other than report bugs? Isn't that kind of the point of beta testing, to complain about bugs/issues that you find? Would you rather they lie and tell you that the map is perfect and has nothing wrong with it, only for non beta testers to complain on release?
Complaining about bugs is not just the point of beta testing, it's the point of life am I right Deadra? ;D
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha

I guess you misunderstood what I meant by "complain about bugs instead of being productive". Being productive would include bug reporting, and giving your opinion. Complaining would include making negative comments that added nothing constructive, or to just start drama for no reason. Kind of like your comment, pointless.
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Kind of like your comment, pointless.

*Sniff* You smell that? I smell burned DD :D
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
*Sniff* You smell that? I smell burned DD :D
Really? I smell wiffy banta...
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
difference between being constructive, finding, identifying and checking bugs, reporting them properly

To the majority of people, they just complain and whine, giving no specific explination as to what happened or even remotely aware of what was happening at the time - Just look at leviathan, 100 odd people going G SPAWN FIX THE MAP!!! - Nearly none explained ANY further than that

Next look at requiem, do you know just how many people complained over that? And for the most part its infact, VERY good? AND IT WAS A "BETA" - something people struggle with the concept of

Project viking, people were reporting bugs that were frickin features

Other people just wanna complain about gun stats, DESPITE the fact we LITERALLY copied the BO2 files in most of these cases, therefore are identical

Stuff like that is just annoying and makes us not even wanna look at fixing these bugs, as we might as well just test, make, play everything ourselves in that case
Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 08:01:51 pm by Harry Bo21
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
difference between being constructive, finding, identifying and checking bugs, reporting them properly

To the majority of people, they just complain and whine, giving no specific explination as to what happened or even remotely aware of what was happening at the time - Just look at leviathan, 100 odd people going G SPAWN FIX THE MAP!!! - Nearly none explained ANY further than that

Next look at requiem, do you know just how many people complained over that? And for the most part its infact, VERY good? AND IT WAS A "BETA" - something people struggle with the concept of

Project viking, people were reporting bugs that were frickin features

Other people just wanna complain about gun stats, DESPITE the fact we LITERALLY copied the BO2 files in most of these cases, therefore are identical

Stuff like that is just annoying and makes us not even wanna look at fixing these bugs, as we might as well just test, make, play everything ourselves in that case

Which is why you probably shouldn't give betas to people who know little about how the game works, or split the beta between the first 'closed' and the second 'open' phases to iron out the worst issues like G Spawn errors beforehand.

In the case of leviathan though, i feel like the amount of people complaining is completely justified since I personally suggested that they get better testers in their WIP topic to begin with - which they ignored - and probably wouldn't have as many people complaining about bugs in the first place. Not saying it'd be perfect, just a little better. 
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
yea right... coz everyone just telepathically "knows" if someone is gonna be good at it or not...
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
yea right... coz everyone just telepathically "knows" if someone is gonna be good at it or not...

Deductive reasoning.

Has person X participated in any betas recently?
Has person X reported any bugs while participating in a beta?
Has person X created a custom map before?
Has person X created a custom map that works?

etc.
[UGX] Documentation Writer & Programmer
Date Registered: 23 August 2013
Last active: 6 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
(ง º ω º )ง u wont sum m8y?
Signature
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
DidUknowiPwn's Groups
UGX Team Member
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Before we get anymore hostile let's just press the restart button :D
Constants and Variables
Date Registered: 18 August 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
The Worst Secret Agent Ever
Signature
MAK911's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Banned Elite
Banned Elite
MAK911's Contact & Social Linksmkramrtmkramrt
Deductive reasoning.

Has person X participated in any betas recently?
Has person X reported any bugs while participating in a beta?
Has person X created a custom map before?
Has person X created a custom map that works?

etc.
So after maybe 2 years, I still don't know what makes a map good? Nice to know.
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
Before we get anymore hostile let's just press the restart button :D

Agreed.

Anyway, whatever you and that sexy beast known as SparkyMcSparks plan on doing for the beta, i definitely want in.  ;D
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Before we get anymore hostile let's just press the restart button

was never hostile, just pointing out the silly side of that argument

Has person X participated in any betas recently? - people can easily lie, or would you expect em to reel off a list of proof with time stamps, or mayhaps a list of references we could contact via the post? Maybe we should also contact the mapper in question and do a personality check on the individual, and check he didnt leave part way or waste anyones time eh

Has person X reported any bugs while participating in a beta? - people can easily lie - or again shall we have them show us somebody elses private beta info to prove it?

Has person X created a custom map before? - you dont NEED to be a mapper to test a map

Has person X created a custom map that works? - again - not interviewing, not applying to help create it in anyway, they are supposed to be regular players out to see what bugs they encounter, not diagnose all the causes and bug fix it themselves

By those standards, the only people who qualify, are the best of the best who are "already" busy with their own works that need beta testing...

Agree to disagree i think  ::)
Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 04:32:54 am by Harry Bo21

Loading ...