UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

[18/40] LSD - Now It's Time To Get Super Duper High!

broken avatar :(
Created 9 years ago
by Andy Whelan
True Blue Elite
Date Registered: 8 February 2015
Last active: 7 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Still Kickin'
Signature

Andy Whelan's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Andy Whelan's Contact & Social LinksAndyWhelanAndyWhelan01AndyWhelan

Mapper: - ibounce
Synopsis/ Introduction: Do you regularly get high? Do you love fluorescent colours? Do you love trippy as f*** things? If you said yes to any of these then this map is for you. As soon as you open the mod you are delighted by the loadscreen of the popular cosplayer, Jessica Nigiri. This mod starts you off in a dark room with three wall barriers, you could tell that things were about to get hectic. The buyable door then takes you in to a fluorescent textured room with a GIANT CROW because why the f*** not? The room has multiple mini easter eggs that involve many famous stupid videos. The next lot of rooms were basically the same with different textures. There was a MPL in one of the rooms, the mapper had named it the Point Whore. And for a good reason, the gun did one damage per shot! In the same room there was a troll door for 10,000 and the buyable ending for 40,000. All up the map is pretty fun for a first map with limited guns and space. This did remind me of Purple Dimension in the way it was really weird and trippy but it was very different.Oh yeah, did I mention this map is trippy as F***?

Pros: Customised Content – The content in this was hilarious, each power-up had a custom sound when picked up. For example, the nuke was the recent trend “Alaqma”, the carpenter was the childhood classic theme song, Bob the Builder, max ammo was another recent trend, “Deez Nuts”, double points was a guy saying “I need MONEY” and finally intsakill was the infamous, BOOM HEADSHOT! There were also mini easter eggs. One of which was a YouTube classic, Sittin’ On the Toilet. There was also two soldiers having fun on a bed!  There was a custom FX and SFX for the starting pistol. A zombie counter, custom hud and a custom crosshair.
Other – The 10,000 door troll was annoying but at the same time funny due to the meme that was placed in there as well as the custom china lake.

Cons: Lack Of Basics – The map did not feature some basic things like Double Tap, or Pack-A-Punch, or even the mysterybox. I was also amazed by the lack of weapons, the map only had twelve weapons. When looking through the mod IWD file I found Bams Black Ops Perks files but they still weren’t featured but this wasn’t a major problem because the map is rather small and has little use for the perks.
Other – The zombies lost their goal after a while and some got stuck in corners for some reason. The lack of space made the map very difficult to play co-op.

Reflection: Great Custom Content with little easter eggs, FX’s, SFX’s, custom hud, zombie counter and custom crosshair. The lack of basic things like mysterybox, Pack-A-Punch and Double Tap. Also the lack of weapons. Fun but not very replayable.

Level of Detail: 3/10: There was very little detail making it very plain.
Custom Content: 6/10: The were lots of funny mini easter eggs but very little weapons.
Fun Scale: 5/10: The map was funny and good but it wasn't one that was jaw dropping.
Replayability: 4/10: Like the Fun Scale, the map was one that I would play a few times then leave it.

Overall Score: 18/40

Download link: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=6564.0

Date Registered: 5 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Just Having Fun.
Signature

Released Maps:
TRAPPED
LSD
24h Labs
LegoLand
Poseidome

[Coming Soon]
Downtown Bikini Bottom
ibounce's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
ibounce's Contact & Social LinksiBounceyiBounceun1tedbouncersibouncey
I can always appreciate an honest, constructive review. So thanks! :)

Anyway, I'm going to explain myself on a couple of things. I'm not trying to make you change anything. Your review was spot-fucking-on and I enjoyed reading it. This is just to answer some question I've been getting on Youtube and Twitter about some of the things addressed in your review.

• Not Many Weapons:
The script placer I had used, fucked just about everything up. It removed all my weapons, everything from the mystery box, even deleted the pack-a-punch from my raw files. This is why when you buy a perk, there's no perk bottle.

• Bam's Black Ops Perks:
I'm going to be straight forward with this one. I couldn't get them to work which is why revive is the only BO Perk on the map. Since the release of this map, I have figured it out.

• Detail:
I'll be honest. I couldn't be asked. Reason behind that is because I had only made 3 maps before I stepped back from mapping for 2 1/2 years. So, when I was making this, I was only just re-learning the hotkeys, converting, KVP's and such.
Date Registered: 22 May 2015
Last active: 9 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
More
shaneH's Groups
shaneH's Contact & Social LinksshaneTH64shaneHWindmillsshaneHWAW