Date Registered: 1 March 2015
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
KryptixDIY's Groups
KryptixDIY's Contact & Social Links
Im a bit of a noob with this whole thing, but I have the map manager, and I have downloaded a couple custom Zmaps. But when I get into CODWaW they arent on the mods menu. When I try to Launch the mods from the Map Manager, it comes up with this error message..... "Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you cklick Quit, the application will close immediately." Please help, I would really like to play some of UGX custom maps. Thanks
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 7 February 2015
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Donations massively appreciated: paypal.me/DanT98
Signature
Stranded
Nacht Der Untoten: Reimagined
Encampment
Encampment V2: BO3 Mod

Mapper and Weapon Porter - I release what I can of my work for the community to enjoy :)
ProRevenge's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
ProRevenge's Contact & Social LinksProRevenge
Did you run the .exe that you downloaded? That will place all the mod files in the correct place for you to play. For example if you download a map you should get a file "example123.exe" run it and it will sort everything. In waw example123 will now be in your mod folder and ready to play
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
KryptixDIY's Groups
Well I used the map manager to download the mods, for instance I go into the map manager and choose one of the maps to download. That is how I download maps from UGX, but when I try to launch the downloaded map it gives me that error message
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
are you running the map manager as "Admin"?
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
KryptixDIY's Groups
I figured it out, for some reason when the .exe mods auto download to the mods folder, it wasnt downloading to the right folder. Cause when I downloaded the .zip mods I put them in a different mods folder, with a different pathway. So apparently the mods were auto-downloading to the wrong folder, but it has been fixed now, thank you guys
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Mods "must" be in

"c:\users\YOURUSER\appdata\activision\call of duty 5\mods

in order to work
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
KryptixDIY's Groups
Yea, I figured it out, it was saving it into a different folder, but everytime I donwload a map from UGX or .exe it will download to that wrong folder so I manually have to move it from the other file to the correct one, which is really frustrating because on the map manager everytime I download a map it will take it away from the list of maps, but when I move it to the correct spot it will appear again, as if I hadnt downloaded it. Is there a way I can change which folder the maps are being downloaded too?
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
it should be doing this automatically? The installation path is the same on all versions?

Where was it installing them too? What folder and where was it?
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
KryptixDIY's Groups
Okay, so the .exe are downloading to this path - Appdata>Local>Activision>CoDWaW>mods
But apparently the correct mods folder (the one where I put them, so I can actually play them)
 - Call Of Duty World At War>CodWaW>mods
 That is the same with my friend, except his mods folder is within his program files. Honestly its not a big deal though
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
no the mods folder within program files is used by mappers. It uses these files when we compile or build our mod.

For playing, it "must" be in app data

It also sounds like you customized your installations path. I guess this program doesnt allow for that
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
KryptixDIY's Groups
I have fixed it actually, I just redownloaded the game, and changed some settings, it should be fine now. Thanks guys.
BTW if you have any cool custom zombies maps, message a link, Im looking for some cool maps to play

Loading ...