Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Battlefield is giving COD the hands rn
Signature
I just spent two hours moving trees around.

Gold Station Zombies: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=5911.0
sedozz's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
sedozz's Contact & Social Linksosean17sedozzsedozz
Hey guys, I'm working on a large project and I have no animating experience. I was hoping to add a new member to the dev team to handle animations. This would entail a few cutscenes and perhaps a couple in-game animations of objects on the map. Please let me know if you can help or if you can direct me to resources that would aid me. Thanks mates.
broken avatar :(
Face to Face
Date Registered: 6 October 2013
Last active: 12 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
More
Signature
Maya <3

Let's Play some osu!
MrDunlop4's Groups
MrDunlop4's Contact & Social LinksNelielexy0Nelielexy0CSMrDunlop4NelieleyNelielexy0Nelielexy0
The question is what animating? Guns? Chars? Mystery Box? Or whatever...  :lol:
Date Registered: 4 January 2015
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
sedozz's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
The question is what animating? Guns? Chars? Mystery Box? Or whatever...  :lol:

Not gun animation of box animations. Basic cutscenes, so basic character animations and "camera movements". And then for example, something like a piece of ceiling breaking or a computer terminal falling over.
Date Registered: 11 October 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
⟡ Hitman's bunny lover ⟡
Signature

My Portfolio

=============== Project Progress ===============
Shadowlands - TBA 2016
Untitled project [COD5-BO3] - TBA
Untitled project 2 [?] - TBA
===========================================
Uk_ViiPeR's Groups
Uk_ViiPeR's Contact & Social LinksCodGlitcherXiCodGlitcherX1
Not gun animation of box animations. Basic cutscenes, so basic character animations and "camera movements". And then for example, something like a piece of ceiling breaking or a computer terminal falling over.

I mean, you could more than likely do all of that yourself if you give it a day's worth or research.

For animating characters (quickest way) would be to use your own suitable method of motion capturing (may be costly depending which one you follow) and produce the movements yourself which would maybe involve a basic understanding of maya. There are quite a few tutorials around (3 or 6 PS eye camera/xbox or regular camera method) on google if you want to look into them.

For the dymanic events, you can script these yourself which ever method is more comfortable with you (FX or script). For the scripting method I would advise you to look into the move functions (movez, movey, movex, moveto) and also the rotation functions (rotateto, rotateyaw, rotatepitch) for objects to become dynamically scripted; just make sure the model is a script_model and brushes are script_brushmodel if you do decide to use this method.

If you have any queries feel free to contact me, I hope this somehow helped :)
Date Registered: 4 January 2015
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
sedozz's Groups
I mean, you could more than likely do all of that yourself if you give it a day's worth or research.

For animating characters (quickest way) would be to use your own suitable method of motion capturing (may be costly depending which one you follow) and produce the movements yourself which would maybe involve a basic understanding of maya. There are quite a few tutorials around (3 or 6 PS eye camera/xbox or regular camera method) on google if you want to look into them.

For the dymanic events, you can script these yourself which ever method is more comfortable with you (FX or script). For the scripting method I would advise you to look into the move functions (movez, movey, movex, moveto) and also the rotation functions (rotateto, rotateyaw, rotatepitch) for objects to become dynamically scripted; just make sure the model is a script_model and brushes are script_brushmodel if you do decide to use this method.

If you have any queries feel free to contact me, I hope this somehow helped :)

I'm familiar with the scripting method however it tends to look extremely unnatural. I assumed that a basic animation would be easier to do but perhaps I'll look into getting creative with the scripting. As far a character animation I do not own a copy of maya yet, nor do I have any experience with it. I appreciate the response!

Loading ...