Signature
changed one line of code, bug is fixed

Coming to work on monday morning.
When a bug mysteriously disappears.

:ugxmods: Developer ;)
Delta's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX Chat Moderator Has the ability to mute, kick, or ban chat members for being abusive or breaking the rules of the forum.
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Delta's Contact & Social Linksthe-deltaugxDeltaItsDeltaigDelta igdeltaigdeltaUGX_DeltaDelta#6147Personal Site
Today we are finally ready to release an alpha build of the UGX Scripting Reference to the public!

What is the UGX Scripting Reference?

If you're not a scripter then this probably won't interest you. For those of you who are scripters the UGX Scripting Reference is unlike any scripting reference you've ever used before. The UGX Scripting Reference has tons of cool features and functions that have never been seen before.

Features

• You can direct link to specific functions in the reference without linking to a broken page. Example link to a function. Example link to Broken page on Zeroy's reference.
  • It keeps track of your recently viewed functions.
  • You can save functions to a Favorites List.
  • You can copy a function to your clipboard for pasting directly to a script.
  • Autocompleting search box.
  • You can filter out function categories that you don't want to see.
  • All functions have written summaries of their functionality and parameters. Around 700 of the functions have handwritten descriptions by either myself or treminaor which are more detailed and informative than other script references or docs. Any functions which we have not handwritten a description of uses the same description from other script references or CoD documentation.
  • Around 700 functions have custom script examples which actually show context and usage rather than just a copy/paste of the function definition with some parameters thrown in. We believe this is key to understanding how a function should be used.
  • All utility functions and their summaries are viewable - no other script reference has this information indexed.

Alpha? What's left to do?

Everything needs to be tested. Obviously there are still bugs we have not discovered and releasing a public alpha for everyone to test is the fastest way to find them. If you find a bug with the UGX Scripting Reference, please reply to this topic describing what you were trying to do when the bug occurred and what the bug is.

Lots of functions are untested or missing and we need your feedback on this. There are also certain functions marked with tags that indicate their functionality is unknown, or that they might not work at all. We have tags to indicate the status of a function, such as if a function exists but does not work or has not been verified as working. If you find a function which should be marked with these tags please let us know in this topic.

We want your opinion. Do you have any suggestions for improving the UGX Scripting Reference? Features that should be added, changed, or removed? Please let us know in this topic.
broken avatar :(
[UGX] Developer
Date Registered: 28 October 2013
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
[UGX] Developer
Lukkie1998's Groups
UGX Team Member
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
UGX Chat Moderator Has the ability to mute, kick, or ban chat members for being abusive or breaking the rules of the forum.
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
2015 Participant
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
looks nice guys. Keep up the good work!!

Lukkie1998
The King of Zombies
Date Registered: 24 June 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Donate to me if you enjoy my work. https://www.paypal.me/thezombiekilla6
Dust's Groups
Dust's Contact & Social LinksMrZ0mbiesFanaticdust103194MrZ0mbiesFanatic
Nice! Since I am starting to learn more about scripting, this should help
[UGX] Maintainer (Admin & Programmer)
Date Registered: 29 August 2012
Last active: 4 minutes ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Dolphin!
Delta's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Delta's Contact & Social Linksthe-deltaugxDeltaItsDeltaigDelta igdeltaigdeltaUGX_DeltaDelta#6147Personal Site
btw. there is a known issue that the search function only works in Firefox.
As soon as I get some more time I try to find a solution.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
Sorry Delta, but the sample link is broken too.
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
Some of the untested functions don't look right. They say that the function arguments strings, but it looks like they use entities. Is this just because they aren't tested?

Also, how would you like us to tell you about what functions have been tested? On this thread? How specific do you want it to be?
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Some of the untested functions don't look right. They say that the function arguments strings, but it looks like they use entities. Is this just because they aren't tested?
Give us some examples of the functions you're looking at.
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This is great. Would have been way more useful 4 months ago, but this is great. This seems to be much easier to navigate than other resources I have found, and the colors and layout work well. Thanks for this.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
This is great. Would have been way more useful 4 months ago, but this is great. This seems to be much easier to navigate than other resources I have found, and the colors and layout work well. Thanks for this.
Probably could have had it done 4 months ago but we have so many active projects right now Delta and I kinda just jump around until one gets really close to being finished like this.
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Probably could have had it done 4 months ago but we have so many active projects right now Delta and I kinda just jump around until one gets really close to being finished like this.

Lol, I know how that is. It will still be super useful for me, and I'm sure many, many others. Good stuff.  :D
[UGX] Maintainer (Admin & Programmer)
Date Registered: 29 August 2012
Last active: 4 minutes ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Dolphin!
Delta's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
=D

I think going over each function would make this thread to a  200 page long issue list.
Many functions where just added automatically with my tiny application.

Apperently there was no real comment standard so some functions are a bit messed up.
I'll try to reduce the mess a bit.

I want to enable for any scripter the edit mode as soon as possible. Therefore scripters can correct any issues.
( but this requires some changes first )

I think the best way to report issues would be by creating a list in a text document and then sent it to me via skype or just as a direct download.

The mentioned array issue might get fixed very easily. ;)
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
I want to enable for any scripter the edit mode as soon as possible. Therefore scripters can correct any issues.
( but this requires some changes first )

So only Community Scripters can edit them?
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
So only Community Scripters can edit them?
Only people who really know what they are doing should/will be able to edit them. The last thing we need are people who dont know with 100% certainty on the datatypes or whatever else they are editing - that just makes a mess and we end up with false information in the reference. So idk if just giving it to the CS group is a good idea or if we should choose specific people yet.
Date Registered: 19 June 2013
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
GrantDaddy007's Groups
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
GrantDaddy007's Contact & Social LinksGrantDaddyGrantdaddy007
Awesome!
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
I didn't test it, just going off of what the function has in the utility scripts.

Function:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
getAIarrayTouchingVolume( sTeamName, sVolumeName, eVolume )

Description: Returns an array of AI touching a trigger.

Function arguments:
sTeamName: Required(string). The "Team" to get an array of. Options include "Allies", "Axis", and "all".
sVolumeName: Required(string). The targetname of the entity to check.
evolume: Optional(entity). The entity to get. Overrides the sVolumeName argument string.

Loading ...