More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
Projects:
CPH (Collingwood Psychiatric Hospital) - Map Testing
Raze - Map Testing
JadenSzewczak's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
JadenSzewczak's Contact & Social LinksKazcwezsjadenszewczakszwczk

Raze (formerly known as the Unnamed Map of Awesome) is the ninth custom zombies map released by Pashan.

Intro: Howdy Ho everybody! Jaden here with a review of the recently released zombies map Raze. Raze takes place a few hours before the events of Pashan's eighth map Overflow. If you have seen my signature, you'd already know this: I have tested Raze, but I will be blatantly honest on my opinion's of it.

Setting: Raze takes place in a deserted building demolished in the chaos of the zombie outbreak. The map begins with pashan's familiar approach - a safe area with no zombies and lot's of detail. Upon dropping down to the floor below, players set foot in a dismal room with clutter and blood splatter all over.

Positives: Raze is a big step up from Overflow and a worthy prequel to it. Pashan has done an exceptional job on every feature including guns, scripts and easter eggs. Additionally, the map is challenging and doesn't have an immense amount of room to run around in. Raze has all Black Ops weapons, a custom perk, a custom power-up and a way to double PAP your weapons! What more could you ask for?

Negatives: If you are a fan of making trains then just know this isn't the map for you. Can you run circles? Certainly. Is it easy? Not at all. This map is geared towards the above average zombie slayer. All the tight spaces, mobs of sprinting zombies and lack of a wonder weapon makes surviving, especially on solo much more difficult. I personally love intense zombie maps, but I have a few friends and know many people that would rage if they can't beat the map within a few attempts. That's all I got for the negatives... The map is pretty sweet.

Wish It Was There: I wish there was a wonder weapon. Every map has one and with the abundance of zombies in Raze, it would be neat to have. In my opinion, the Winter's Howl would have been a perfect match for this map. Sadly, all we have to defend ourselves is a puny Ray Gun, which loses it's effectiveness by the mid 30's.

Conclusion: It is a fun map to play as it throws in many features of the BO1 zombie maps. I would highly recommend playing this map if you haven't already. Pashan did a great job on this zombies map and overall, he's come a long way in map making. Can't wait to see what he serves up next!

Should you download this map? – Hell Yes.

Level of Detail: 7/10 (I feel like I've played zombies in an abandoned building before...)
Custom Content: 9/10 (Raze has a ton of custom content, but there could be more)
Fun Scale: 7/10 (There are minor bugs and it's a frustrating map for some players)
Replayability: 8/10 (There are new features, but they don't improve gameplay much)

Overall Score: 31/40

Work-In-Progress Page: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3403.0
Release Page: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3808.0
Leaderboard Page: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=3812.0

Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 02:25:38 pm by JadenSzewczak
broken avatar :(
broken avatar :(
UM Member, Mapper and 3d Modeler
Date Registered: 8 February 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Port Arthur
Signature
pashan's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
9 MAPS!!!! DAM...... i always thought i had like 7 or something. But i only count overflow, absolution and raze as my main maps!!!! all the other are shit, and i also consider alley as my first map. run and haus shouldn't have been released. Anyways expect a Alley 2 soon. Also thanks for doing the review.  :)

Loading ...