Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
MZslayer11's Contact & Social LinksMZslayer11Service_Code_30#2655
I recently began work on a buildable weapon script. However, I thought I would ask if anyone already has a buildable weapon script that they would be willing to release/send to me. Theres really no point in creating something that already exists and you would really save me a lot of time.
This topic contains a post which is marked as the Best Answer. Click here to view it.
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 2 March 2014
Last active: 10 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Now you see me, Now you don`t
FATKIDSLOV3CAK3's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
FATKIDSLOV3CAK3's Contact & Social LinksHypercaineHypercaineZombies_dieFATKIDSLOV3CAK3
ask jbird632 cause he has a buildable thunder gun in his lockdown map
Date Registered: 21 March 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
I the Mighty
ConvictioNDR's Groups
Just use any buildable script that is out there. There is a few on this site. When the parts are added you give the player the weapon.
Marked as best answer by MZslayer11 10 years ago
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
I recently began work on a buildable weapon script. However, I thought I would ask if anyone already has a buildable weapon script that they would be willing to release/send to me. Theres really no point in creating something that already exists and you would really save me a lot of time.

I have this:
Easy EEs, buildables, custom doors, and buyable debris (_mc_puzzles_v1.5)

It comes with the option to make a buildable power, weapon, ees, and custom doors and debris, if you want. For the weapon you would edit the GiveCoolWeapon() function to give the weapon you want to give. It is currently set up so each player can grab the weapon that is built. If you want it to just be one time then change imadethis_trig thread GiveMeAGun(players.size, puzzle); to imadethis_trig thread GiveMeAGun(1, puzzle);. It has guidance documents and feel free to hit me up with any questions.
Date Registered: 7 March 2014
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
I have this:
Easy EEs, buildables, custom doors, and buyable debris (_mc_puzzles_v1.5)

It comes with the option to make a buildable power, weapon, ees, and custom doors and debris, if you want. For the weapon you would edit the GiveCoolWeapon() function to give the weapon you want to give. It is currently set up so each player can grab the weapon that is built. If you want it to just be one time then change imadethis_trig thread GiveMeAGun(players.size, puzzle); to imadethis_trig thread GiveMeAGun(1, puzzle);. It has guidance documents and feel free to hit me up with any questions.

Awesome! I think this will work! I am just a little confused on a few things. I looked through the script and tried to figure this out but im still a noob at scripting. The comments in your script helped a little but i was still a little foggy on these details:

1. What kvps would I enter in radiant (on the script_models, and trigger_use's) to get this all set up?
2. Is there any additional scripting that i need to do in order to get this to work? (Other than what you said in your comment^^^)
3. Im assuming this is a 3-part buildable (not 2) but if it isnt, could you tell me how to make it 3 parts.
4. What would I name the shaders for the part to show up on the hud?

Sorry for all the questions... Thanks in advance :)
Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 09:12:55 pm by MZslayer11
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Awesome! I think this will work! I am just a little confused on a few things. I looked through the script and tried to figure this out but im still a noob at scripting. The comments in your script helped a little but i was still a little foggy on these details:

1. What kvps would I enter in radiant (on the script_models, and trigger_use's) to get this all set up?
2. Is there any additional scripting that i need to do in order to get this to work? (Other than what you said in your comment^^^)
3. Im assuming this is a 3-part buildable (not 2) but if it isnt, could you tell me how to make it 3 parts.

I'll put together a little prefab with some instructions/answers when I get time tonight.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
Wow sweet!
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha

Here is a prefab:
Example Gun prefab

1. Follow the kvp structure in the prefab I included. Each piece of the gun will have a set of script models and triggers. A trigger and script_model for the pick up part, and a trigger and a script_model for the place part.
2. The only scripting necessary for the default set up is to change the 0 to how many parts you have. In this example we have three
Code Snippet
Plaintext
thread Each_puzzle(0,"buildable","build_b","Pick up gun part?",1,"gun","","");
to
Code Snippet
Plaintext
thread Each_puzzle(3,"buildable","build_b","Pick up gun part?",1,"gun","","");
3. You can make it as many parts as you want based on the number set above.
4. It would be the puzzle name and "_shader". So if your puzzle name is build_b5 then the shader name would be build_b5_shader.

No need to apologize. I may make prefabs for everything in this script now, for more clarity. So thank you.

Be sure to hit me up with any other questions, and of course, don't forget to precache your shaders, in _zombiemode.gsc, or where ever you like to do that.
Date Registered: 22 December 2013
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
scriptz's Groups
scriptz's Contact & Social Linksbobby_z_beginB0BBY-Z-B3G1N
hello this probably a really late reply , but anyways i have a buildable weapon script i made for my map i use it for buildable jetgun from tranzit but you could change weapon to what you want although its alot nicer when you have buildable weapon thats in parts looks more proper anyways this script works just like a bo2 buildable has knuckle crack , build sounds , progress bar anyways if you want a copy of the script id be glad to send it message me on steam & ill send it (if you still need it of course)

Double Post Merge: September 21, 2014, 07:34:13 am
my steam name is bobby_z_begin
Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 07:34:13 am by scriptz
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
Here is a prefab:
Example Gun prefab

1. Follow the kvp structure in the prefab I included. Each piece of the gun will have a set of script models and triggers. A trigger and script_model for the pick up part, and a trigger and a script_model for the place part.
2. The only scripting necessary for the default set up is to change the 0 to how many parts you have. In this example we have three
Code Snippet
Plaintext
thread Each_puzzle(0,"buildable","build_b","Pick up gun part?",1,"gun","","");
to
Code Snippet
Plaintext
thread Each_puzzle(3,"buildable","build_b","Pick up gun part?",1,"gun","","");
3. You can make it as many parts as you want based on the number set above.
4. It would be the puzzle name and "_shader". So if your puzzle name is build_b5 then the shader name would be build_b5_shader.

No need to apologize. I may make prefabs for everything in this script now, for more clarity. So thank you.

Be sure to hit me up with any other questions, and of course, don't forget to precache your shaders, in _zombiemode.gsc, or where ever you like to do that.

Followed your tut and used your prefab but when i went in game, i could not pick up or place any parts. It just showed the hand icon and all the parts in place. Any help?
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Followed your tut and used your prefab but when i went in game, i could not pick up or place any parts. It just showed the hand icon and all the parts in place. Any help?

That happens when the code doesn't run. Either it was not called in your nazi_zombie_mapname.gsc, or the number isn't changed, like in your quote, or the gsc wasn't checked when you built your mod? Can you make sure that you added  maps\_mc_puzzles::init(); after maps\_zombiemode::main(); and saved it. And that you changed the right thread puzzle(...); that matches the prefabs targetname kvps, which should be build_b..., save it. Then make sure the new _mc_puzzle.gsc is checked and build your mod.
Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 02:19:46 am by MakeCents
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
That happens when the code doesn't run. Either it was not called in your nazi_zombie_mapname.gsc, or the number isn't changed, like in your quote, or the gsc wasn't checked when you built your mod? Can you make sure that you added  maps\_mc_puzzles::init(); after maps\_zombiemode::main(); and saved it. And that you changed the right thread puzzle(...); that matches the prefabs targetname kvps, which should be build_b..., save it. Then make sure the new _mc_puzzle.gsc is checked and build your mod.

If any of that isn't it, I'm on the road right now, I'll be back this weekend and I can check it out further. I updated the instructions to incorporate the prefabs.

Forgot to add to nazi_zombie_mapname.gsc. Ill add that now. Thanks

Double Post Merge: September 25, 2014, 07:18:12 pm
Yay i got i t working!
Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 07:18:12 pm by MZslayer11

Loading ...