UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

[28/40] Discovery Island - Discover what's waiting for you.

broken avatar :(
Created 9 years ago
by tomikaze
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access

Creator: CreepersAreEpic (Ping998)

Setting: Welcome to Disney's Discovery Island, a place of wonder beyond your wildest dreams where you can observe a variety of exciting creatures of nature all in one park. Think Jurassic Park, but instead of Dinosaurs you have normal boring animals. Now, you've no doubt heard the rumors swirling around about this place. Rumors of parasites that swim up your urethra when you pee and then expand forcing doctors to amputate the penis...or wait, was that the Amazon parasite invasion? Oh yea, these parasites just go up into your brain and kill you, my bad. Oh well, whichever parasites you end up with while on this island of family friendly fun you can be sure it's going to be a good time.

Positives: This map really has that overgrown jungle feel to it of a place that has been neglected for far too long which makes getting around the map mid round a challenge and you never know what might be lurking in the tall grass just inches away from you. The objectives are pretty fun and will have you finding hidden switches which is actually quite challenging as the mapper found some creative places to hide the switches. There are 9 perks for you to find, Black Ops & Black Ops 2 guns as well as the PAP machine and a reasonably priced buyable ending. One of my favorite things about this mapper is that he doesn't include wall weapons on his maps instead there are numerous dig sites around the maps in which you can find a free gun or ammo from time to time. This makes the mystery box extremely valuable where on some maps you can completely ignore the box and still be successful.

Negatives: There isn't anything on this map that is visually spectacular and you'll see the same wood textures used over and over again. There also aren't any debris to unlock so you can explore the entire map right away with no need to buy your way through and open new areas, you'll be spending your points on all the switches you need to locate instead.

Conclusion: I really love this map and even the negatives aren't a big deal to me. Once in a while a mapper comes around who you feel makes maps with you in mind and that is the way I feel about CreepersAreEpic. Both this map and his previous one, Bunbury are a little more low key and just good fun zombie killing experiences perfect for solo players like myself.

Level of Detail: 6/10
Custom Content: 7/10
Fun Scale: 8/10
Replayability: 7/10

Score: 28/40

Download map here: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=5579.0
Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 12:39:14 am by tomikaze
Date Registered: 2 September 2013
Last active: 1 day ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Ping998
Signature
"My maps might not be the best looking, or the most hyped, but I still release them in hopes that they can make others somewhat happy"

- Ping
Ping998's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Ping998's Contact & Social LinksPing998Ping998ZPing998CreepersAreAwesome
Good review but the one thing I don't understand is the fact that on this map, I had soul chests, vulture-aid, better BO weapons and some BO2 weapons yet I got a lower score for Custom Content than Bunbury? Eh, what can you do?

Anyways I'm really glad you enjoyed my map! Thank you so much! :)
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Good review but the one thing I don't understand is the fact that on this map, I had soul chests, vulture-aid, better BO weapons and some BO2 weapons yet I got a lower score for Custom Content than Bunbury? Eh, what can you do?
I see what you're saying, but I didn't do the review for Bunbury, thezombiekilla6 did. And as much as I liked that map too I wouldn't have rated it as high as he did. So when you compare these two reviews it doesn't look like this one was much better than Bunbury, but in reality this is a MUCH better map and I'm sorry that there's not more of a gap between the final #'s on each of these reviews which would have helped people see that.
Date Registered: 17 January 2015
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Professional Change Counter
Signature

zombie lover / beta tester in training / perfectly loved
Tom, I enjoy reading your Custom Zombies Reviews. I moderate a steam group with 2k+ members for custom zombies fans and was wondering if I could post your reviews in a separate forum in the group. Maybe contact me on steam for further details. I would be honored to post your reviews there :)

Loading ...