UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

[40/40] Leviathan - When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back at you.

HOT
broken avatar :(
Created 9 years ago
by tomikaze
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
Google latest burgertown dlc glitches :) then come back to this review hehe

And? I don't see how they relate...
Date Registered: 2 September 2013
Last active: 4 hours ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Ping998
Signature
"My maps might not be the best looking, or the most hyped, but I still release them in hopes that they can make others somewhat happy"

- Ping
Ping998's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Ping998's Contact & Social LinksPing998Ping998ZPing998CreepersAreAwesome
If there is no possible way to get a 40/40 then we shouldn't even hold it out there as the goal to achieve. Compared to  other maps out there that have gotten very high scores I feel this map out does them all and goes further still.

I disagree with you. This review shouldn't be 40/40 as it will allow mappers to strive to make bigger and better content. Reviews are a method of encouragement and should be used accordingly.
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
I disagree with you. This review shouldn't be 40/40 as it will allow mappers to strive to make bigger and better content. Reviews are a method of encouragement and should be used accordingly.

Depends on person :P
They get 40/40, sometimes people might think that they cant make better map, but maybe they feel like they did good job and can now try to go for another 40/40 :D
The Doctor
Date Registered: 26 March 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
timelordalex's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
timelordalex's Contact & Social Links
I'm sure this is a great map and is probably deserving of a high score but i cant really agree on anything for a map i cant play
Date Registered: 7 March 2014
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
MZslayer11's Contact & Social LinksMZslayer11Service_Code_30#2655
I'm sure this is a great map and is probably deserving of a high score but i cant really agree on anything for a map i cant play

Why is that?
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
Signature
DeathBringerZen's Groups
Why is that?

Because he plays on this...

Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000

lol, so this literally says "it should be impossible to get get top marks"

40/40 doesnt mean its "the" best map, just means its "one of the" best we have seen :)
Date Registered: 20 June 2014
Last active: 4 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Behold the power of Mirror Force
Signature
The greatest failure is not to try and fail, but is to fail without trying.
Ramiabdh's Groups
Ramiabdh's Contact & Social Links
Why is that?

Actually what he says is true, I run the map on my pc, and it's perfect, but when I play it on the laptop, it lags even much more than multiplayer
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
However if there was a category for bugginess in it's current state it would get a 6-7 at best.. :-\
When I did the ranking categories I intended for bugginess to affect replayability... because if the map is so buggy you don't want to play it anymore it would get a low score for that section. I think in this case even with the bugs its still an extremely replayable map.
The Doctor
Date Registered: 26 March 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
timelordalex's Groups
timelordalex's Contact & Social Links
Actually what he says is true, I run the map on my pc, and it's perfect, but when I play it on the laptop, it lags even much more than multiplayer

precisely, virtually unplayable for me, its not like i expected it to run smoothly, but im curious as to whether it was portaled
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
precisely, virtually unplayable for me, its not like i expected it to run smoothly, but im curious as to whether it was portaled
Do you know what portalling even does? The best portalling in the world won't make a well detailed map run smoothly if you're running it on this -

;D

You can't blame the mappers (and yes it is portalled).
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Radimax mentioned a few pages back that the map is only portaled into large chunks, not by rooms. So you're always loading a huge portion of the map that you can't see, even though its portaled. There are rooms where if I look in a certain direction my FPS tanks down to about 30-40, and my computer's no slouch lol. So its no surprise to me that there's people on here with lower end machines struggling to run this map smoothly.
Date Registered: 21 February 2014
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
ShotgunRagtime's Contact & Social LinksShotgunRagtime
There seems to be an alarming tendency among the custom community to quickly crown a map as "the best ever" and then withdraw that title in favor of a new map literally two months later.

Alcatraz
Prison Mission
Swan
Project Viking
etc...

All of these maps were at one point called "the best", only to be disqualified once the next map in the list came along.

IMO there can be no "best map" as I don't think that the most Treyarch-esque map is necessarily the best. I find that the custom community is all about pride, personal spirit, and dedication: the greatest maps don't succeed by cloning Treyarch's success. Creators choose their own features, layouts, etc, and just roll with what they like.

For example, I REALLY like the maps Farm Swamp and Penguin. They're old and have default WAW features, so many overlook them -- but the sheer attention to detail, uncompromising theme, and excellent map layouts distinguish them.

I don't really like Leviathan that much. No offense to the team or their excellent work: it's just not my "style" of map. I like older maps that don't have as many modern guns and features, which seems counter-intuitive, but hey, that's where I stand.
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Shotgun, I hear you brother and I know what you are saying. I have played Penguin a TON and I love that map, in fact I love all of Erebus' maps, his map layouts are tremendous but that alone can't carry a map.
I was also not a HUGE fan of Alcatraz, Prison Mission, Project Viking, etc and usually in my reviews for those maps I list very legitimate reasons why people may not like them or things that I feel are flaws. But that doesn't mean that they are not they best for their time and that is all that we can judge.
I like many simpler maps more than I like some of the maps that score 36/40 and higher on UGX, but that doesn't mean that I can say that the maps I like are better than the ones that are well rounded and excel in all the areas that we grade on here at UGX. When I do reviews I try to put aside personal biases and judge the quality of every area from the standpoint of different types of players. It's tough and I'm not saying I hit the nail on the head every time, but I genuinely try and I do my best in hopes that it gives people a good idea of what the map is about and its strengths and weaknesses.
Date Registered: 2 September 2013
Last active: 4 hours ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Ping998
Ping998's Groups
Ping998's Contact & Social LinksPing998Ping998ZPing998CreepersAreAwesome
lol, so this literally says "it should be impossible to get get top marks"

40/40 doesnt mean its "the" best map, just means its "one of the" best we have seen :)

Yes it should be almost impossible, this map isn't to a perfect standard even though it is cool, it just isn't.
If you get 40/40 on a map, what is there to strive for? "Oh I just got a perfect review on my map I'm totally going to want to make a better map to a better standard because there is more that I can do" (Sarcasm).

I bet you there will be maps in the future better than this. I guarantee it. So, how could it be perfect?
If it was one of the best maps it should be at a score of around 38 or 39. Its just a clever tactic to get the best content out of mappers.

If you disagree with me then I have another suggestion: Add in another category (making it out of 50) to be able to critique maps more effectively.

Loading ...