UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

[35/40] Das Herrenhaus - Custom zombies at it finest, Unbelievable 1st map!

HOT
broken avatar :(
Created 8 years ago
by XEcW22
Date Registered: 2 January 2016
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
"Wourder"
                   - Brad Leone
XEcW22's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
XEcW22's Contact & Social LinksPapa bolsa de culoXEcW22

First of all, let me start off by saying for a first map, the detail is unbelievable! For a first map this is really REALLY good. This would be a great map for a third or fourth map, this a Numero UNO. Anyway let me talk about detail, which is amazing for a first map. The textures, models, environment, and backround music all blend together to a tee! It feels great, everything looks and feels amazing! I feel like it is one of the best atmospheres of all custom maps, and at least in the top 10 best atmospheres on all zombie maps iv'e ever played.

Next Custom content: Again for a first map, amazing! With a major EE, and secondary EE for some Wonder Weapons, buildables, and custom PAP camo, this map is loaded from top to bottom with tons of cool and fun custom content that will keep this map fun and different every time you get on it. Only thing I really didn't love 100% was the weapons, they were decent but felt stale after a while. Another thing I would like to point out is that this map is CHALLENGING!! It is a challenge right from the get-go and was a challenge all the way through. For newer players this is going to be a tough pill to swallow as I have completed all EE on all Treyarch maps and still this map was tough for me, defiantly a good challenge though as when I died partway through the EE I still felt like going at it a second time.

This leads me right into my next point, Replayability. This map has some really great replay value and has a great flow which always brings me back with a new energy to play this map again. It has a great feel and plays good while it it has a  top of the line zombie feel and for me. BUT the weapons aren't 100% on key and frankly kind of stale which brings it down a little. But overall, is bringing me back for some more.

For Fun-Scale, It is really good! For experienced players  ;). As for newer players/noobs it is horrible. This goes back to the difficulty thing, it's tough man!! If you can't clutch your way out of a corner or two, this map is really not fun at all as you'll be dying on round 8 or 10 if you don't get a Ray Gun and and a good AR on your first couple box pulls. Perks are hard to come by, which also adds to the challenge. But as an seasoned zombie player, this map is a blast! I really enjoyed it and with a couple friends this is just a all-round great time. Sitting down and slaying some un-dead on this beautiful map is a great time.

Overall Rating for Das Herrenhaus:
Level of Detail: 9/10
Custom Content: 8/10
Fun Scale: 9/10
Replayability: 9/10

Overall Score: 35/40

Download
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,9998.0.html

Final notes:
With a great feel, flow, environment, and textures this a great map and is defiantly worth a download. Play with some friends, play by your self, go for a high round, or go for the EE, this map is a blast either way you put it and is a great piece of custom-mappery :D
Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 11:22:10 pm by XEcW22
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Remember to put the score in the topic title like the other reviewers have.
Date Registered: 17 January 2015
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Professional Change Counter
Signature

zombie lover / beta tester in training / perfectly loved
About time someone reviewed this map ;) Gotta admit, amazing map and a ton of fun for sure. Really loved the textures and it was decently difficult. Nice review  :D
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
XEcW22's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Thanks man, had a fun time writing it ;)
About time someone reviewed this map ;)
Agreed, when I was thinking about a map to review I was shocked no one did this one so I gave it a shot
JbirdHaX
Date Registered: 12 March 2012
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
(_̅(_̅м̅a̅я̅i̅j̅u̅a̅n̅a̅_̅0 ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้
Signature
▒█▀▄▀█ ░█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▀▀█  ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█░░ ▀█▀ ▀▀█▀▀ ▒█▀▀▀
▒█▒█▒█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█▄▄▀  ▒█▀▀▀ ▒█░░ ▒█░ ░▒█░░ ▒█▀▀▀
▒█░░▒█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█░░░ ▒█░░░ ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█░▒█  ▒█▄▄▄ ▒█▄▄ ▄█▄ ░▒█░░ ▒█▄▄▄
RadimaX's Groups
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Custom Content: 8/10 ..just curious - What custom conted did it need to have for a 9?
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Custom Content: 8/10 ..just curious - What custom conted did it need to have for a 9?

Judging from community, less stock weapons and more custom ones
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
XEcW22's Groups
Ya, exactly what hitman said, the weapons are what brought it down. A couple more custom weapons and would have easily been a nine.
JbirdHaX
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
RadimaX's Groups
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
so a map with only world at war weapons would be a 0/10? i thought this was a MAPreview not a GUNreview...
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
XEcW22's Groups
so a map with only world at war weapons would be a 0/10? i thought this was a MAPreview not a GUNreview...
No as long as they had other custom content. If you had UGX Requiem but with stock weapons, that would probably be a 6/10 7/10 because it has so much other custom content. It just affects the CUSTOM CONTENT section slightly. Notice how i rated other sides of the map with other features, which all combines making it a full map review. Not just a one part of the map review, just because the Custom content is down 1 point because the weapons were not that amazing, doesn't mean it's a gun review. Also, things like weapons go into the map flow which affects the maps play, so if the weapons are bringing it down and make the game-play not as fun, it is important to include that in the review.
Date Registered: 25 December 2015
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Conspiracy Theorist
Signature
Yes.
NeutronStars's Groups
NeutronStars's Contact & Social LinksPocket_InfinitypocketinfinityNeutronStars
I must say, this map is phenomenal. I'm glad you posted this, I've played it for like the past hour or so.
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
XEcW22's Groups
I must say, this map is phenomenal. I'm glad you posted this, I've played it for like the past hour or so.
Good to know, thanks for reading the review :D
  • Exofile
  • Deleted Member
Exofile
This user is deleted :(
So you're telling us, to remove any aspect of WaW, from WaW, to get the best score we can achieve in Custom Content? Sure, let me go recreate an entire game. :please: There will always be aspects of WaW in the mods, one way or another.
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87

IDK how it works either, because my map has almost NOTHING from WAW but it only got a 9.

What I am more confused about is why the detail wasn't a 10. I guess the reviewer would give Kino Der Toten a 6 and Verruckt a 4 then. ;D
JbirdHaX
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
RadimaX's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
I would love to se him review Nacht der untoten then 2/40?
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
I would love to se him review Nacht der untoten then 2/40?

Loading ...