Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
vinnyz500's Groups
vinnyz500's Contact & Social Linkspsn_hackedlobbies4uXxMrPotatoxXvinnyz500
Hey, i need help with a small thing in my map. If anyone knows how to make a proper skybox instead of a cubemap (like the one i have) that can possibly look like this
(IN TERMS OF THE SKY BLEND TO DARKNESS TOWARDS THE BOTTOM) and i could get a huge sphere model and set a scrolling texture of the flowers like in the show around the entire map, but basically i need to figure out how to get a nice dark blue bottom with a light blue top unlike what i have now which is ugly Or even if there was a way to get just a static sky that looks like a spongebob sky, i dont know. Any help i can get that will defer the current skybox, i would appreciate it
broken avatar :(
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 9 August 2013
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
codmoddd1234's Groups
codmoddd1234's Contact & Social Links
This uses 2 images, 1 panoramic image for the model, 1 small 256x256 texture for radiant.
In asset manager there is a sky non-cubemap option. You'll need to make a skybox xmodel (basic polygon sphere in maya works fine) or use "test_sphere_silver" and change the material.
//
Gdt settings for model material
Skynoncubemap sky sky, Depthtest less, Depth write off, no tile, nomipbilinear, nopicmip, no impact, no marks, no light map, no dynamic light, no fog, sky.
//
The non cubemap skys don't work for a radiant texture so you will need to make one.
I used an all black 256x256 tga with these gdt settings (it's purpose is for launcher /compiler)
World unlit, Blendfunc Multiply, depthtest less, Depthwrite off, No impact, No marks,No lightmap,No dynamic light,Nodraw,Nofog,Sky
Blendfunc option could be add or multiply depending on the color of your skybox.
Apply the radiant texture to the inside of a caulk box surrounding your map.
Test in a new map incase you make a mistake.
Add model to _patch and worldspawn
//
Your xmodel skybox will project itself to the caulk box in radiant.

Loading ...