More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
Signature
Please give me beta access, I would LOVE to test CO-OP
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Welcome to Bridge, a map more gridlocked and stuck than a Chinese highway on a good day. This map was released by xXxCowmanxXx (another Canadian Mapper) on March 15th, 2014 (almost 2 years ago) and was initially well received by the community, as it was one of the most feature-packed maps of its time. At this point in time, this map is at its 6th version, which was supposed to be a 7th, but the patch for the bugs that were left never got released, and the topic has remained dark ever since. Now, without further ado, let’s get into the pros and cons of this map.

PROS

Features to the Hilt: This map, for 2014, was packed with a lot of features that seemed refreshing and new. Although, in our day and age, these all will seem outdated, buggy/broken, thanks to people like Harry B021 with his Perks, PAP & Mystery Box packs, natesmithzombies with his weapon pack, And DidUKnowiPwn with his T4M, among others.

These features include Dr. Dagger, which increased Melee damage exponentially and makes your grenades strong as hell, and was one of the 1st maps to have tombstone, Who’s Who and, best of all, Der Wunderfizz, which, as we all know, allows people to get whatever perks they so desire. It also included things such as Claymores, Radios that told a story, and a 2-sided Easter Egg, which was a new idea forged around that time.

Spoiler: click to open...
A little Bit of free advertising for Redspace200's map: Project Viking, which was a nothing by ported assets map

Weapons were alright: Apart from the standard World at War weapons, you have a variety of other weapons to choose from, such as Black Ops 1 and Black Ops 2 weapons. Although the Black Ops 1 weapons have been around since the dawn of man at this point in time, Black Ops 2 weapons were an entirely different ball game. The fact that these weapons were ported into world at war with the Correct Animations was quite the achievement. Sure, the sounds were ripped from pre-existing sounds off of World at War Weapons, they still functioned like they would from their respective titles. These included the DSR-50, The Executioner & Type 25, to name a few.

Now, no map is perfect, so let’s get into to cons of this map:

CONS

So Much Junk: This map is just loaded with items that do 2 things:

1)   Obstruct your way around the map, creating clipping that snags you like a fish and leaves you ripe for the picking.
2)   Don’t make any sense as to why they are on the road-bridge &/or the Boat.

Like, the map is just has the look of a rubbish bin, because items are just strewn everywhere, there’s even train cars on the bridge, which makes zero sense, as it’s a road bridge. And there is just rubble everywhere you go, it’s like the bridge was destroyed, but the bridge is still intact and looking like nothing has ever happened.

Broken Features: Time is no excuse for the broken features in this map. From the Broken Claymores that only work on certain surfaces, to Electric Cherry only working half the time. This just gets on my nerves because if something doesn’t work, why add it in the 1st place?

No Perk Limit: Let me rephrase that, There is a perk limit of 4, which is nice, until you learn that you can ignore that if you just use the Wunderfizz. So, case in point, with no perk limit, where’s the fun in that when you got get that awesome feeling of getting an extra perk because you did something right? Sure, you get all the perks for unlocking the ending of your choice, but as I’ve mentioned earlier, why waste 30,000/25,000 points on an ending when you just spam Der Wunderfizz and get all the perks you could ever want for half that price?

Specular Maps problems: This map did eventually get a fresh set of viewhands, but, the viewhands are from the Mission where you are fighting in the wet (Blowtorch & Corkscrew), so, when you turn specular maps on while playing this map, it looks like you have boils on your hands. Not a Major Bug, but it just annoys me.

Before Specular Maps

After Specular Maps

The Jumpscares: These Jumpscares suck. Straight up. They aren’t very good ones, but none the less, they are there, and they don’t even scare me, they just annoy me.

Final Verdict

Level Detail: 6/10. It’s not a very Pretty map by all means, but I’ve seen worse.

Custom Content: 6/10. It’s a about 60% custom content, and 40% standard World at War stuff.

Fun Scale: 5/10. The fact I had a better time playing this than Edifice, was enough ti give it one more point.

Replayability: 5/10. This map does have replayability, surprisingly enough, as it has two endings that you have to play twice to do.

Overall Score: 22/40

Download Link: https://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,2186.0.html
Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 04:16:39 pm by thezombiekilla6
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 2 November 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Embrace the Darkness
Tim Smith's Groups
Tim Smith's Contact & Social Linkstimsmith90THEREALBaDBoY17TimSmithMy clan Website
Good review mate. When i saw bridge i thought it was something good. Turns out it's as buggy as hell.
Date Registered: 25 October 2013
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
I miss her
Signature

Maps:

Too many canceled ones to count

Leningrad BO3

Something else
NINJAMAN829's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
NINJAMAN829's Contact & Social LinksNINJAMAN829DANINJAGAMERNINJAMAN829xg
Damn Jiffy, back at it again with the reviews :D

Good review. Pointed out a bunch of good/bad points in the map.
Date Registered: 17 January 2015
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Professional Change Counter
Signature

zombie lover / beta tester in training / perfectly loved
On a review rampage eh? I can't believe I haven't seen this map. I'll have to check it out :rainbow:
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
On a review rampage eh? I can't believe I haven't seen this map. I'll have to check it out :rainbow:
we try to forget its here  :troll:
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
Final Verdict

Level Detail: 6/10. It’s not a very Pretty map by all means, but I’ve seen worse.

Custom Content: 6/10. It’s a about 60% custom content, and 40% standard World at War stuff.

Fun Scale: 5/10. The fact I had a better time playing this than Edifice, was enough ti give it one more point.

Replayability: 5/10. This map does have replayability, surprisingly enough, as it has two endings that you have to play twice to do.

Hahahaha, good one Jiffy, priceless. ;D

Hold up, this isn't a humorous review? This is for real?! What the...:o
The King of Zombies
Date Registered: 24 June 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Donate to me if you enjoy my work. https://www.paypal.me/thezombiekilla6
Dust's Groups
Dust's Contact & Social LinksMrZ0mbiesFanaticdust103194MrZ0mbiesFanatic
Dont forget to add the score on the subject line.

Went ahead and did it for you this time ;)
True Blue Elite
Date Registered: 29 March 2014
Last active: 2 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Dont forget to add the score on the subject line.

Went ahead and did it for you this time ;)
cheers killa.

Hahahaha, good one Jiffy, priceless. ;D

Hold up, this isn't a humorous review? This is for real?! What the...:o

Yeah, well, Tom beat me to the Humourous review by a few years, so I thought I might as be the one to give a serious review.

Yeah, been pumping the out as I need something to do while I sort the errors out on my map.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
Wow this map was the best map ever! xD If you don't care about weapons not being ported properly or guns using world at war sounds.  Great review Jiffy! Brings back some great memories when I thought this map was the best map ever lol!.  Back then I was not sure how to do anything like port guns or sounds or make "proper detail" and I also did not really think how important fixing bugs were.  I also like how you did a review on this and on my other map hospital just shows how much I improved in under a years time back then.  Maybe you would want to do a review on my newer map that hopefully will come out called "Town Of The Dead" and see what you think of that when it comes out?

Also fun fact bridge is almost a two year old map in 10 days :P :lol:
True Blue Elite
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Wow this map was the best map ever! xD If you don't care about weapons not being ported properly or guns using world at war sounds.  Great review Jiffy! Brings back some great memories when I thought this map was the best map ever lol!.  Back then I was not sure how to do anything like port guns or sounds or make "proper detail" and I also did not really think how important fixing bugs were.  I also like how you did a review on this and on my other map hospital just shows how much I improved in under a years time back then.  Maybe you would want to do a review on my newer map that hopefully will come out called "Town Of The Dead" and see what you think of that when it comes out?

Also fun fact bridge is almost a two year old map in 10 days :P :lol:

Thanks Cowman :D Yeah, I'll be sure to do that, once it's released and when I complete it.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
Thanks Cowman :D Yeah, I'll be sure to do that, once it's released and when I complete it.

Bridge 1.7 incoming  :troll:
True Blue Elite
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Bridge 1.7 incoming  :troll:
well, that'd be a pleasant surprise. Imagine you just overhauled the entire map?
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
well, that'd be a pleasant surprise. Imagine you just overhauled the entire map?

At one point I was thinking that but would people play it after what they saw the first time around?
True Blue Elite
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
At one point I was thinking that but would people play it after what they saw the first time around?
well, people flocked to UGX Mod V1.1, because it was complete overhaul, so why not?
You should do after you get Town of the Dead done though, unless you want to it straight up.

Loading ...