My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
;)
Signature
PlutoBro's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
PlutoBro's Contact & Social Linksbro_maho_101PlutoBroPlutoBroPlutoBrobt100101
Happy Easter,

So before I start, this error looks to be an old error, since results on google showed from up to about 4-5 years ago, and yet none of them answered... This is killing me since I am really trying my hardest to release an update for my map, yet I have no answer to this, I have tried everything in my power and knowledge to fix this, and now I am turning to you.

So this above script compile error started showing up about 2 days ago. I had updated and changed quite a bit on my map, updating Harry's perks, rebuilding parts of my map... And all I remember is this error, I went to the unedited file and found the line the error was on and was dumbfounded to find nothing. I have never touched the file because I have never had a need to... I really need help, and I hope someone has answers to this, I am upset to not be able to find anything to fix this, not one single thing...  :'(

(Yes I can supply map files or anything needed in cooperation)
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
It is saying it doesn't know that function, modderHelp. For what reason I don't know. Either the function has been removed from where it was, renamed, or you need an include that you don't have at the top of your gsc that includes that function.

shift+` (or ~) will show you the console which should point you to where that line is if you are running in developer 1. Are you running your map in developer_script?
Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 06:29:28 pm by MakeCents
Date Registered: 2 November 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Embrace the Darkness
Tim Smith's Groups
Tim Smith's Contact & Social Linkstimsmith90THEREALBaDBoY17TimSmithMy clan Website
Again people suffer from the modder help thing. Why ugx just fix/delete it ? You have to either delete the fuction or delete the hole file.
Date Registered: 3 January 2016
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
;)
PlutoBro's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Ok, so I do use teleporters, does that mean in order to get rid of this, I need to remove the use of teleporters and then remove the function?

Edit: Also, just incase the file to contain the function has been misplaced, does anyone know where I would need to go to find the file for this function?

Double Post Merge: March 24, 2016, 05:26:31 pm
UPDATE:

So I was thinking to myself as I let my dignity slowly die as I could not find out why this error was here, and I was thinking if there is somewhere this file is, where could I get it... Then it hit me... WINDOWS HAS A SEARCH BAR! So I searched and found the file. I added the function to dlc3_teleporter and... It still said that modderHelp was an unknown function.. I was again left saddened....

So then I moved the whole modderHelp into the dlc3_teleporter file, compiled and... Nothing, it still said there was an unknown function... ON LINE 194, EVEN THOUGH I ADDED MODDERHELP IT SHOULD BE SOMEWHERE AT 258!!!!

So I then added the both files into my mod/mapname/maps file, ticked in mod builder and... LINE 194, EVEN THOUGH IT'S 258!! I AM REALLY STUCK... GOD DAMN THIS STUPID ERROR!!!
Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 05:26:31 pm by PlutoBro
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
When you get errors like that, that point you to an area that you know is not right, there are a couple things to check.

- Make sure codwaw process is not running before you build. Sometimes it stays running in background making your mod read only.
 - Make sure you compiled map with correct mod specific map.
 - Check the iwd\maps\...gsc in your mapname.iwd in your mod folder where you play the maps from (activision path) not your root folder you dev from, and make sure the changes you made are there.

If you still get that error, paste the screen shot of the console back here. Also, paste the script that it is referring to for the error. Then we will simply delete it or comment it out or something to get you rolling again for now.

But most importantly, don't let it get to you.  :D We'll figure something out. You're doing this for fun remember...
Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 07:21:03 pm by MakeCents
Date Registered: 3 January 2016
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
;)
PlutoBro's Groups
Thanks for the suggestions MakesCents; if it is not building due to the background process, I am going to delete my appdata/activision... Mod and recompile map and rebuild mod, I will be back with an update...

UPDATE 1/2:
THE ERROR IS GONE! since I had soulchests in there, it is asking where it is... I will re-add them and I will be back with an update!

UPDATE 2/2:
MakeCents you are babe! If you didn't say that the background process would fuck me, I would of thrown in the towel! After adding in the
Code Snippet
Plaintext
#include maps\ugx_modder_help;
it has worked. I can not thank you enough. If I knew you I would wife you right now.

Loading ...