Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
To avoid spam and make this board a better place for all mappers, we've got a few basic minimum requirements for a release topic about your map:

• At least one screenshot and/or YouTube video must be included in the post. Pictures speak a thousand words, but in the case of mapping, they speak a million!
  • There should be a description of the map, demonstrating a brief outline of what the map is like. A list of features is a good starting point, but a simple list of five very short sentences won't cut it. People want to know about your map and a few very basic words or sentences don't tell us anything.
  • Proper credit must be given to anyone that was largely involved in the creation of the map. Obviously we don't know who has helped you, but if anyone in your map's topic claims their credit is missing, or contacts us regarding this matter, we will investigate it when we have time and take proper action.
  • Your map must be packaged using the UGX Install Creator, and uploaded to an approved web host. See here for details. If you are releasing a mod or script you may use GitHub as a download host if you prefer to use version control and a centralized download location.
  • If your map requires T4M, you must state so in the thread title and within the thread itself.
  • You must use a direct link without any (ad revenue) shortener! You can add a secondary link (below the main link) with some sort of "support me" note with a shortener url.

To help give you an idea of what a good release thread looks like, here is an example:
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=413.0
broken avatar :(
Former UGX Lead Asset Creator
Date Registered: 17 August 2012
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
Signature

(Click to enter portfolio)
SajeOne's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Sendspace has now been removed from recommended hosts and added to the disallowed hosts list because of slow download speeds and a deceiving malware downloader.
Date Registered: 22 April 2017
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
optic_deity's Groups
How do you add a screenshot when there is no way to do so?  and why force everyone to use a stupid automatic install program?  To me, it's very stupid, and I can preach about it.  When I started playing customs, the auto installs simply wouldn't download.  Now, many auto installers take forever to load, if it is even going to work.  Another thing, Many people use mega.nz, which is horrible, It sucks so much arse, my brain shuts out the memory of the site's name.  and, the last thing, every auto install makes a worthless folder on my desktop, which im tired of deleting, even though I disabled the shortcuts AND Start menu options.
Date Registered: 30 July 2015
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Current project: Afterlife
Signature
"The only time you should look back, is to see how far you've come."
How do you add a screenshot when there is no way to do so?  and why force everyone to use a stupid automatic install program?  To me, it's very stupid, and I can preach about it.  When I started playing customs, the auto installs simply wouldn't download.  Now, many auto installers take forever to load, if it is even going to work.  Another thing, Many people use mega.nz, which is horrible, It sucks so much arse, my brain shuts out the memory of the site's name.  and, the last thing, every auto install makes a worthless folder on my desktop, which im tired of deleting, even though I disabled the shortcuts AND Start menu options.

I don't know if you've seen other posts or not.. but a majority of them have some kind of picture in it... far left button and you add the direct image links within the tags - and the installer is an easier way of giving people w/o knowledge of how the files work access to maps, that way there aren't a million posts asking, "where do I put map files".
Date Registered: 22 April 2017
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
optic_deity's Groups
I don't know if you've seen other posts or not.. but a majority of them have some kind of picture in it... (Image removed from quote.) far left button and you add the direct image links within the tags - and the installer is an easier way of giving people w/o knowledge of how the files work access to maps, that way there aren't a million posts asking, "where do I put map files".
The button with the picture, I just get 2 random brackets with 'img' in them, thats where I get that there is no way to add images.  I already knew how to do the hyperlink one.
Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 03:46:44 pm by optic_deity
Date Registered: 8 May 2020
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
halodude423's Groups
halodude423's Contact & Social Links
I too am trying to figure out how to add images to a post, where would i get urls to images I have, would having them in drive work. Is there no option to just upload an image? If this is a requirement i would like to know how to make this work.

EDIT: Actually did figure this out, use google photos instead of drive.
Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 11:33:01 pm by halodude423

Loading ...