Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Eacaw's Groups
Eacaw's Contact & Social Linksdave334435Type 2 Labs
Hey guys,

Figured the best place to start posting on here would be the 'Introduce Yourself' thread, I know, crazy right?! Who'd have thought!

Anyway, I'm Eacaw (or Dave), I'm 24 and studying Electronic Engineering in the UK as a mature student. I've previously spent a lot of time working with Hammer and the source engine and was (many moons ago) a part of the Garry's Mod mapping community over at Facepunch. Totally fell in love with modding and mapping over there, and spent years creating loads of maps and mods using the source engine.

Anyway, fast forwarding to today, I, unfortunately, got dragged over to Xbox to play black ops 2 zombies a few years ago, and although I've always been a die-hard PC gamer, I ended up spending a lot of time on my xbox (I know, I know) but as soon as the Mod tools for Black ops 3 were announced way back in January/February time, that was it! I instantly bought a copy for the PC, saved up and upgraded my specs and eagerly waited for the day that they were released into beta!

Now that they're here, and I've had a few weeks to get to grips with them between university and work at the weekend, I'm absolutely in love with them, Radiant is an absolute gem of a mapping tool, the capabilities compared to Hammer are insane, and I know I've only scratched the surface, but I'm eager to get deeper into it and keep testing things out!

I'm currently working on a project in Radiant, and will be posting pictures soon; I've embedded a few of my previous works into this post so you can see what I've done in Hammer before. But I'm looking forward to getting stuck in with this!

This is the Prince Regent in Cambridge, the first pub I worked at when I was 20, it's to scale, and the carpet and wallpaper are custom ones that I'd created from the original, along with things like the posters and fridges.

This is another real life conversion - The Grand Arcade in Cambridge, UK.

I don't think I ever actually finished either of these, and a lot of the detailing was left out, but they're some of the two projects that I made the most progress on, obviously the most recent being at least 4 years ago now, and I've come a long way in terms of discipline now, so I've got a big plan, and I'm going to make sure I see it through.

Loading ...