Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
timelordalex's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
timelordalex's Contact & Social Links

............ :-X

Post Merge: April 02, 2014, 06:44:20 pm
Welll.......... I am going to be honest that to me was not constructive criticism that was you just being 10000% rude.  And if you have not seen V1.5 has been out for more then a week now and maybe you should be nicer to people on your site?

and I am going to be honest, how on earth is he being rude? he is right, I dont think i've seen any map get 6 updates within the span of 2-3 weeks, no-one else finds him being rude on this site at all and he isnt, this isnt site for rudeness.
Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 06:57:04 pm by timelordalex
broken avatar :(
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Welll.......... I am going to be honest that to me was not constructive criticism that was you just being 10000% rude.  And if you have not seen V1.5 has been out for more then a week now and maybe you should be nicer to people on your site?
If you can't see how that was constructive criticism then I don't really think you know what constructive criticism is.

constructive criticism: criticism or advice that is useful and intended to help or improve something, often with an offer of possible solutions.

rude: insulting or uncivil; discourteous; impolite.

This is not the first time I've seen you accuse people in this thread of being "rude" to you when giving you feedback or being honest with you. If you want everyone around you to lie and give you fake encouragement then this isn't the place to find it. We would rather see you improve from feedback than just be insulted by it and ignore it.

My advice would be to grow up and learn to take feedback respectfully.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
and I am going to be honest, how on earth is he being rude? he is right, I dont think i've seen any map get 6 updates within the span of 2-3 weeks, no-one else finds him being rude on this site at all, visit ZM for rudeness.

I am i'll be honest come on why is eveyone getting mad over me updateing? Like come on its my map why can't i do what i want to do if i wanted to make jump scares in my map why can't I? Like maybe i don't think the same but when I started to use radiant i wanted to make a map my own with what ever i want in the map and I was never thinking that people would want the map all the same as most maps. Like really this is my map and its like the UGX MOD V1.1 what ever Trem/SajeOne wants in the mod they can do it. I see no one ever say about the UGX MOD V1.1 that no one says you can't do that etc.........

Post Merge: April 02, 2014, 07:08:37 pm
If you can't see how that was constructive criticism then I don't really think you know what constructive criticism is.

constructive criticism: criticism or advice that is useful and intended to help or improve something, often with an offer of possible solutions.

rude: insulting or uncivil; discourteous; impolite.

This is not the first time I've seen you accuse people in this thread of being "rude" to you when giving you feedback or being honest with you. If you want everyone around you to like and give you fake encouragement then this isn't the place to find it. We would rather see you improve from feedback than just be insulted by it and ignore it.

My advice would be to grow up and learn to take feedback respectfully.

And i do take it respectfully, i really think the way you put it can be really rude
Date Registered: 30 March 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
More
supermazenizo's Groups
supermazenizo's Contact & Social Linkscreeperslay12supermazenizosolar_27Mason_SoLaRcreeperslay12
You must have 1.5 because i think that was fixed in 1.6.
No, it was 1.6. So that was a bug?
Anyways, I think that you did a really good job with the map, and I hope to see more from you.
Former UGX Lead Asset Creator
Date Registered: 17 August 2012
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
Signature

(Click to enter portfolio)
SajeOne's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
I am i'll be honest come on why is eveyone getting mad over me updateing? Like come on its my map why can't i do what i want to do if i wanted to make jump scares in my map why can't I? Like maybe i don't think the same but when I started to use radiant i wanted to make a map my own with what ever i want in the map and I was never thinking that people would want the map all the same as most maps. Like really this is my map and its like the UGX MOD V1.1 what ever Trem/SajeOne wants in the mod they can do it. I see no one ever say about the UGX MOD V1.1 that no one says you can't do that etc.........
You can do whatever the hell you want as long as it's not breaking site rules. Doesn't mean that people aren't going to give you feedback on the content that you put up. If you can't handle that then don't release your content publicly.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
You can do whatever the hell you want as long as it's not breaking site rules. Doesn't mean that people aren't going to give you feedback on the content that you put up. If you can't handle that then don't release your content publicly.

When did i say i can't handle it? I can i just think people as form mods should be the nicest people on this website, i understand if i was doing something to break the form site rule which my map dose not have 1% of stuff in there too do that. But really come on this is my map if i wanted to make guns that come with no ammo why dose people "constructive criticism" over that like really No one never said that on the UGX MOD V1.1 about some guns using the M16 rig?
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
When did i say i can't handle it? I can i just think people as form mods should be the nicest people on this website, i understand if i was doing something to break the form site rule which my map dose not have 1% of stuff in there too do that. But really come on this is my map if i wanted to make guns that come with no ammo why dose people "constructive criticism" over that like really No one never said that on the UGX MOD V1.1 about some guns using the M16 rig?
This is getting ridiculous. The fact that you reply to every criticism with "that's really rude" is saying you can't handle it. Arguing over how my criticism isn't constructive is saying you can't handle it. Changing the subject to something irrelevant to your map such as UGX Mod v1.1 is saying you can't handle it.

People being nice is not the same as people ass-kissing you. People are honest with you because they respect you. If they were lying to you then it would be a sign of disrespect, or "being rude" as you have called it.

If someone tells you that something can be improved or gives you advice, you should take it with a grain of salt and consider it. Replying with "wow that was rude" is counter productive, insults the person who is trying to help you, and discourages that person from ever giving anyone his opinion on a map again for fear of being misunderstood as rude.

NONE OF US have been telling you you can or can't do something with your map. We simply make SUGGESTIONS which you can choose to follow OR NOT. People were simply giving you their OPINION on the jumpscares and the updates and everything else. Opinions are not against the rules and they are encouraged.

No one is forcing you to do anything, so I really don't see a point in trying to tell us otherwise. UGX Mod v1.1 is not even released and has not had 6 update revisions so that's automatically a pointless comparison.
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This is getting ridiculous. The fact that you reply to every criticism with "that's really rude" is saying you can't handle it. Arguing over how my criticism isn't constructive is saying you can't handle it. Changing the subject to something irrelevant to your map such as UGX Mod v1.1 is saying you can't handle it.

People being nice is not the same as people ass-kissing you. People are honest with you because they respect you. If they were lying to you then it would be a sign of disrespect, or "being rude" as you have called it.

If someone tells you that something can be improved or gives you advice, you should take it with a grain of salt and consider it. Replying with "wow that was rude" is counter productive, insults the person who is trying to help you, and discourages that person from ever giving anyone his opinion on a map again for fear of being misunderstood as rude.

NONE OF US have been telling you you can or can't do something with your map. We simply make SUGGESTIONS which you can choose to follow OR NOT. People were simply giving you their OPINION on the jumpscares and the updates and everything else. Opinions are not against the rules and they are encouraged.

No one is forcing you to do anything, so I really don't see a point in trying to tell us otherwise. UGX Mod v1.1 is not even released and has not had 6 update revisions so that's automatically a pointless comparison.

Alright I see but really in my opinion which should mean everything because this is my map when I play it i find it a lot of fun, most of the bug came from people telling me or i saw them on youtube abusing the bug so i was thinking i should fix them then when i do i see screen shots like the one below to me i think that is making of the my map because its saying its coming. But anyways to me at update V1.6 there nothing really wrong with the map. And why when i started with the M16 rig you got all weird?

Edit: and look at every gun in my map do you see not one of them are rig?
Date Registered: 23 March 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Signature
Things to do before you can say that you remaster anything:
1. To know exactly wich means "To Remaster"
2. To have the master (the original or original files)
3. Be sure that you really are improving the original, in the case of a videogame level, be sure the textures and fx's at least receive some kind of improve.
Otherwise you only use a tag, a fake tag.
MikeVLC's Groups
MikeVLC's Contact & Social Linksmikevlc1mikevlcmikevlcMikeVLCdjmike81MikeVLC
At first time sorry if I dont write correctly in english, is not my language and I try to do it without translators.
To say to Cowman that he musts to do or not to do is a respect's fault, all people are free to decide in what and how spends your time. Probably people who said it that didnt have bad intention but no one likes that other people say it that must to do.
Is no respect for cowman and no respect for his work.
Personally that a guy makes 6 updates is not bad, is an example, he searchs to make better and more complete his map and if someone feels bad by this is their problem.
I would like than map makers of my favourite maps or mods would change some things but is their work and their time and I respect map makers and their works.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Alright I see but really in my opinion which should mean everything because this is my map when I play it i find it a lot of fun
Good for you. Everything you just mentioned could be accomplished without ever releasing your map to the public. When you release it to the public you are telling everyone "hey, look at this and tell me what you think and if it's fun". So now when people are giving you that feedback, you tell them all that they are rude and have no respect for your map or your work. That makes absolutely no sense and if you're going to act that way then I suggest never releasing anything to anyone because it will happen every time.

, most of the bug came from people telling me or i saw them on youtube abusing the bug so i was thinking i should fix them then
The fact that it took 6 updates to fix it all either means you didn't do enough testing on your own to find these bugs before release or you were too impatient to wait for more bug reports to come in before releasing each update. The longer you wait, the less versions you have to release and the less confusion it creates. This exact advice has already been given to you in this thread by multiple people and you have ignored it and told us we are rude.

when i do i see screen shots like the one below to me i think that is making of the my map because its saying its coming. But anyways to me at update V1.6 there nothing really wrong with the map.
And what about it? Maybe he meant he was looking forward to the update? Maybe he meant he was tired of downloading update after update? Who gives a shit, it's just a picture and someone's opinion. You're wasting your own time by complaining about little things like this.

And why when i started with the M16 rig you got all weird?
First off, I didn't even reply to that so I don't see how I "got all weird" about it. Second, you are completely out of line to be bringing this up as a reply to our current conversation. The only reason I could see for you bringing that up is to try to belittle or insult the work we do on the mod. And guess, what, that's actual definition of being RUDE - so it's OK for you to be rude to me but if anyone might be rude to you it's not ok? Your rude-detection must be way off since you can spend all day telling other people they are rude without recognizing yourself acting rude...
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
Good for you. Everything you just mentioned could be accomplished without ever releasing your map to the public. When you release it to the public you are telling everyone "hey, look at this and tell me what you think and if it's fun". So now when people are giving you that feedback, you tell them all that they are rude and have no respect for your map or your work. That makes absolutely no sense and if you're going to act that way then I suggest never releasing anything to anyone because it will happen every time.
The fact that it took 6 updates to fix it all either means you didn't do enough testing on your own to find these bugs before release or you were too impatient to wait for more bug reports to come in before releasing each update. The longer you wait, the less versions you have to release and the less confusion it creates. This exact advice has already been given to you in this thread by multiple people and you have ignored it and told us we are rude.
And what about it? Maybe he meant he was looking forward to the update? Maybe he meant he was tired of downloading update after update? Who gives a shit, it's just a picture and someone's opinion. You're wasting your own time by complaining about little things like this.
First off, I didn't even reply to that so I don't see how I "got all weird" about it. Second, you are completely out of line to be bringing this up as a reply to our current conversation. The only reason I could see for you bringing that up is to try to belittle or insult the work we do on the mod. And guess, what, that's actual definition of being RUDE - so it's OK for you to be rude to me but if anyone might be rude to you it's not ok? Your rude-detection must be way off since you can spend all day telling other people they are rude without recognizing yourself acting rude...

I mean tom anyone can get anims for guns, or you can make anims but i am sorry if i came rude now you know what i was feeling like....

Edit: To me i hate when guns are rig and i am sorry about all that happen but you started this "And someone was telling me a long time ago" "Don't start a argument if you don't want someone to do it with your work" And that the same thing you were doing.
Date Registered: 13 August 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Signature
Treyarch u got nothin on UGX.
MistaC4's Groups
MistaC4's Contact & Social Linksmistac4mistac4MistaC4CrazzyGuitarPlayer
I agree with Trem and many other people probably do too, and i can see where people are coming from with the several updates getting annoying and stuff so i suggest you get beta testers.....because that's the whole point of beta testing ur map to find many glitches and bugs ur map is good but not great so i think you should get some beta testers put them on a list and msg them all ur updates so its just a handful of people, and that's all you need, And even if people criticize you its constructed criticism like how Trem said in the previous post and it will help you change things but it is all up to you.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
I mean tom anyone can get anims for guns, or you can make anims but i am sorry if i came rude now you know what i was feeling like....
Well since after all of that reasoning you haven't learned a single thing from it, this is now a waste of my time. I'm going to go back to what I was doing, good luck on v1.7-2.0.
Date Registered: 13 August 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
MistaC4's Groups
MistaC4's Contact & Social Linksmistac4mistac4MistaC4CrazzyGuitarPlayer
I agree with Trem and many other people probably do too, and i can see where people are coming from with the several updates getting annoying and stuff so i suggest you get beta testers.....because that's the whole point of beta testing ur map to find many glitches and bugs ur map is good but not great so i think you should get some beta testers put them on a list and msg them all ur updates so its just a handful of people, and that's all you need, And even if people criticize you its constructed criticism like how Trem said in the previous post and it will help you change things but it is all up to you.
.....well then i did not realize that these were posted before mine lol.....i prob should have regarded the "THERE ARE NEW POSTS DO YOU WANT TO REVIEW BEFORE YOU SEND"lol
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
Well since after all of that reasoning you haven't learned a single thing from it, this is now a waste of my time. I'm going to go back to what I was doing, good luck on v1.7-2.0.

Alright idk i might make a V1.7 just for you ;)

Loading ...