UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

[Tutorial]How to add Standard World at War Camo to your Ported Guns Without Maya

HOT
broken avatar :(
Created 10 years ago
by Dust
The King of Zombies
Date Registered: 24 June 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
Donate to me if you enjoy my work. https://www.paypal.me/thezombiekilla6
Dust's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Dust's Contact & Social LinksMrZ0mbiesFanaticdust103194MrZ0mbiesFanatic
*I recommend you dont use notepad for any scripting, use notepad++ or another editing program, it will make your life a lot easier*

Welcome to another tutorial. Today I am going to show you guys how to add the standard world at war camo to your guns that you ported from like black ops 2/bo1/cod 4 etc since once you add a pack a punch weapon file it is by default the same camo as your non pack a punched version. And the best part is, this does not require Maya.

1. You of course need a gun already ported into the game that you ported by yourself(this tutorial will not cover that) and it needs to already be set up with the Viewmodel/Worldmodel as well as the weapon file that you put in  mods/weapons/sp.
2. Once you have that set up go ahead and copy the weapon file for the gun you want to have upgradeable lets go with the P90 from COD4 for this tutorial. Paste it in the same folder and call it GUNNAME_upgraded which in my case wold be p90_upgraded.
3. Open it up, now you can change the damage and all the other stuff but the main thing you want to pay attention to is gunmodel so search for that and you should get something similar to this
Code Snippet
Plaintext
gunModelviewmodel_p90
add an _upgraded at the end so it will be
Code Snippet
Plaintext
gunModelviewmodel_p90_upgraded
4. Do the same thing for Worldmodel, search for that and you should get
Code Snippet
Plaintext
worldModelweapon_p90
Add an _upgraded at the end to get
Code Snippet
Plaintext
worldModelweapon_p90_upgraded

5. Remember it will vary depending on what your gun is some guns will have
Code Snippet
Plaintext
t5_weapon_GUNNAME
its the exact same thing just be sure to add _upgraded at the very end of the gunmodel and worldmodel
6. Now that is done, you can save it and close that
7. Now go to raw/xmodel and find the gunmodel of your non upgraded weapon in this case its viewmodel_p90
8. Copy that and paste it in the same folder, now add an _upgraded at the end just like you did in the weapon file
9. Open it up and you should see a jumbled mess of letters similar to this
Code Snippet
Plaintext
  ®ºÁ®ºÁ®ºÁ®ºA®ºA®ºAweapon_clip_empty   ÈBweapon_p90_lod01   ÈCweapon_p90_lod11  €»Dweapon_p90_lod21      ÿÿÿÿ     mtl_weapon_p90 mtl_weapon_laser_sight_a mtl_weapon_mp5 mtl_weapon_p90_misc_nocamo  mtl_weapon_p90 mtl_weapon_laser_sight_a mtl_weapon_mp5 mtl_weapon_p90_misc_nocamo  mtl_weapon_p90 mtl_weapon_laser_sight_a mtl_weapon_mp5 b´·ÁYž¿–™À    XÈØ?$þ‰@                                                
10. Now if you pay close attention to this gunmodel you will see it has weapon_clip_empty and the weapon_p90_lod01 which is for the actual gun, DO NOT mess with those. What you need to pay attention to is the materials which always starts with mtl. Change those to mtl_silver_etching, you dont have to change the laser sight or red dot sight or anything that the gun has just the camos which would be mtl_weapon_p90, mtl_weapon_p90_misc_nocamo and all of those.
11. The finished product would be something like this (remember it varies depending on your gun and the attachments on the gun)
Code Snippet
Plaintext
  ®ºÁ®ºÁ®ºÁ®ºA®ºA®ºAweapon_clip_empty   ÈBweapon_p90_lod01   ÈCweapon_p90_lod11  €»Dweapon_p90_lod21      ÿÿÿÿ     mtl_silver_etching mtl_weapon_laser_sight_a mtl_silver_etching mtl_silver_etching  mtl_silver_etching mtl_weapon_laser_sight_a mtl_silver_etching mtl_silver_etching  mtl_silver_etching mtl_weapon_laser_sight_a mtl_silver_etching b´·ÁYž¿–™À    XÈØ?$þ‰@                                                
12. You see how the p90 camos turned into mtl_silver_etching, that means in game it will show up as the standard World at War camo.
(OPTIONAL) 13. This is optional since the person holding the gun will not see this only the other players in the game, but you can do the same for the worldmodel changing all the materials that start with mtl to mtl_silver_etching, that way if your playing coop the other players will be able to see it instead of the default camo on the gun, if you dont want to do this, then open up the weapon file and on worldmodel change the worldmodel back to the default one without _upgraded. This one doesnt have so much camos to change though since once again this is for the third person view.
14. Now you can save that and open up launcher, be sure to tick the weapon file and in the little white box in the middle add
Code Snippet
Plaintext
xmodel,VIEWMODEL_upgraded
where viewmodel is the name of the 1st person model that you created ie. GUNNAME_upgraded
Now press enter and put
Code Snippet
Plaintext
xmodel,WORLDMODEL_upgraded
If you created a Worldmodel for your upgraded gun then put that here, if not then ignore it
Also add
Code Snippet
Plaintext
material,mtl_silver_etching
after the 2 xmodels so the materials will show up in game.
Sometimes it is not necessary to put those lines in the mod.csv but sometimes if you dont your gun shows up invisible in game so its a good idea to put that.
15. Build mod, and make sure you get no errors, if everything is fine then go in game and take a look.
16. Also you should probably already know this but make sure to add the _upgraded line in DLC3_code and zombiemode_weapons like you should have done for the non upgraded version so I wont go into too much detail on that.

If you have any problems be sure to message me or post a comment and ill do my best to help. This is my longest tutorial I have ever done so sorry if I messed up a couple of steps, if you did notice something weird in the tutorial then be sure to tell me so I can fix it. Hopefully this helps you guys out and ill be bringing more tutorials very shortly
Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 05:53:08 pm by thezombiekilla6
Date Registered: 1 June 2014
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
AllanWJ's Groups
AllanWJ's Contact & Social Links
I don't know why but my weapons are showing invisible. Maybe I am missing some files in raw> material or raw>material_properties? I really need to get this done but no way is working for me, neither this, neither maya... please help!
The King of Zombies
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Dust's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
I don't know why but my weapons are showing invisible. Maybe I am missing some files in raw> material or raw>material_properties? I really need to get this done but no way is working for me, neither this, neither maya... please help!

Is your regular non paped ported weapons working? or is it just whenever you pap it with this tutorial. If its just this tutorial i forgot to mention in your mod.csv in launcher add
Code Snippet
Plaintext
also make sure you added the 2 xmodels for your gunmodel and worldmodel

Post Merge: June 02, 2014, 04:36:03 pm
Updated the tutorial with the material,mtl_silver_etching line
Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 04:36:03 pm by thezombiekilla6
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
AllanWJ's Groups
Is your regular non paped ported weapons working? or is it just whenever you pap it with this tutorial. If its just this tutorial i forgot to mention in your mod.csv in launcher add
Code Snippet
Plaintext
also make sure you added the 2 xmodels for your gunmodel and worldmodel

Post Merge: June 02, 2014, 04:36:03 pm
Updated the tutorial with the material,mtl_silver_etching line

The weapons texture and anims before pap show up correctly. I didn't include this line "material,mtl_silver_etching" before, but I'm not sure if this is gonna help because the _upgraded model shows up invisible in asset viewer as well. Weird, isn't it?

Post Merge: June 02, 2014, 04:41:35 pm
No result including ""material,mtl_silver_etching"" in csv :(
Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 04:41:35 pm by AllanWJ
The King of Zombies
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Dust's Groups
The weapons texture and anims before pap show up correctly. I didn't include this line "material,mtl_silver_etching" before, but I'm not sure if this is gonna help because the _upgraded model shows up invisible in asset viewer as well. Weird, isn't it?

Post Merge: June 02, 2014, 04:41:35 pm
No result including ""material,mtl_silver_etching"" in csv :(

Did you get any errors in launcher like missing materials, missing xmodels, stuff like that?
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
AllanWJ's Groups
Yes I got this:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
ERROR: xmodel 'viewmodel_desert_eagle_upgraded' out of date (version 8217, expecting 25).
failed loading xmodel 'viewmodel_desert_eagle_upgraded' for asset 'viewmodel_desert_eagle_upgraded' found in source file '../zone_source/mod.csv'
failed loading 'viewmodel_desert_eagle_upgraded' of type 'xmodel' found in source file '../zone_source/mod.csv'

Post Merge: June 02, 2014, 04:48:19 pm
Oh, now you pointed it out, it looks like this really should be the problem. Please tell me you know how to solve this ::)
Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 04:48:19 pm by AllanWJ
Date Registered: 10 October 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
ProGamerzFTW's Groups
Yes I got this:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
ERROR: xmodel 'viewmodel_desert_eagle_upgraded' out of date (version 8217, expecting 25).
failed loading xmodel 'viewmodel_desert_eagle_upgraded' for asset 'viewmodel_desert_eagle_upgraded' found in source file '../zone_source/mod.csv'
failed loading 'viewmodel_desert_eagle_upgraded' of type 'xmodel' found in source file '../zone_source/mod.csv'

Oh, now you pointed it out, it looks like this really should be the problem. Please tell me you know how to solve this ::)
Was the gun working fine before you did this? If so you probably messed up your xmodel file.
The King of Zombies
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Dust's Groups
Yes I got this:
Code Snippet
Plaintext

you mentioned you used maya also? did you delete the xmodels and xmodel parts and xmodel surfs for the upgraded version that you made in maya. If not, delete all those everything with GUNNAME_upgraded and then retry this tutorial
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
AllanWJ's Groups
you mentioned you used maya also? did you delete the xmodels and xmodel parts and xmodel surfs for the upgraded version that you made in maya. If not, delete all those everything with GUNNAME_upgraded and then retry this tutorial
Actually I did not use maya for this specific weapon, so this issue is not to be considered

Was the gun working fine before you did this? If so you probably messed up your xmodel file.

To test, I did the following process:
Went to raw>xmodel and deleted the "viewmodel_desert_eagle_upgraded"
Then I copied and pasted "viewmodel_desert_eagle" and added _upgraded to it's end without changing the materials to mtl_silver_etching. When I upgraded my weapon it showed up normal (not with pap skin obviously) but it was not invisible.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
ProGamerzFTW's Groups
Actually I did not use maya for this specific weapon, so this issue is not to be considered

To test, I did the following process:
Went to raw>xmodel and deleted the "viewmodel_desert_eagle_upgraded"
Then I copied and pasted "viewmodel_desert_eagle" and added _upgraded to it's end without changing the materials to mtl_silver_etching. When I upgraded my weapon it showed up normal (not with pap skin obviously) but it was not invisible.

Alright and what happened when changing it to the PaP skin a 2nd time? (You probably accidentalt got rid of something important the 1st time.
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
AllanWJ's Groups
Alright and what happened when changing it to the PaP skin a 2nd time? (You probably accidentalt got rid of something important the 1st time.

I didn't change it for the second time, but... what do you think about I send you the file and you change it, so we can test it and make sure it was edited correctly?
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
ProGamerzFTW's Groups
I didn't change it for the second time, but... what do you think about I send you the file and you change it, so we can test it and make sure it was edited correctly?

Add me on skype. Username on my profile.

Edit: SOLVED.
Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 05:25:17 pm by ProGamerzFTW
The King of Zombies
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Dust's Groups

When you edit these you have to be extremely careful not to get rid of any of the jumbled letters, because then it messes the entire gun up
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
AllanWJ's Groups
ProGamerzFTW helped me on skype and it worked. +1 respect to both of you  :D
The King of Zombies
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Dust's Groups
ProGamerzFTW helped me on skype and it worked. +1 respect to both of you  :D

Thats good! Just out of curiosity, what was the problem?

Loading ...