Created 10 years ago
by Deleted User
broken avatar :(
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
I just added spawners in my start zone and the next zone and they spawn fine, but after a while they all just start dying off completely randomly after following me for a little bit?  ??? It's really start to piss me off as I have no clue why they're doing this - the zones and pathing is all fine I'm 100% sure it's nothing to do with that. I saw on another forum someone had a similar thing and it was due to the areas being too low and he fixed it by raising the whole map up in Radiant, however although the areas are indeed quite low I tried this and the problem still wasn't fixed (also that messes with all my decals and patches and textures and stuff). Any ideas?
Marked as best answer by Deleted User 10 years ago
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 9 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
The code in question for the "level being too low" theory is this, from _zombiemode.gsc::round_spawn_failsafe():

Code Snippet
Plaintext
		//fell out of world
if ( self.origin[2] < level.zombie_vars["below_world_check"] )
{
self dodamage( self.health + 100, (0,0,0) );
break;
}

level.zombie_vars["below_world_check"] is set to -1000 by default, so it is very easy to have your level be low enough to validate this check. I would change this line in _zombiemode.gsc to a much higher number (maybe -10000):

Code Snippet
Plaintext
set_zombie_var( "below_world_check", 				-1000 );

Loading ...