Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
HitmanVere's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Since some people struggle with this still, I might as well make tut on that (that way saves some time for me and others to find this) If your WaW screen looks like its always in flames, do this:

1. Open World at War and bring up console with tilde key

2. Type this in:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
r_flamefx_enable 0
and press enter

Voila! It should be fixed :D
Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 11:23:17 pm by HitmanVere
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Cool, now we can just direct people to this instead of giving the answer or searching for the last time it was answered and adding the link, lol. Do you know what causes that? I assumed a mapper changed it to 1, through script, in their map but didn't have it endon disconnect or something like that? Cause if it is something like that, maybe there is guidance to do it the right way? I just set the player on fire myself, but if I were to use that flamefx one day, it could be useful to know...

Would you want to explain how to enable console? It is somewhat likely that if they may not know how to do fix this then they may just play the maps rather than make them, and might not know... Also, I don't like the name tilde. I would like to call a vote to rename it the ka-cha key. Just kidding. I've just been calling it that forever.
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 7 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Cool, now we can just direct people to this instead of giving the answer or searching for the last time it was answered and adding the link, lol. Do you know what causes that? I assumed a mapper changed it to 1, through script, in their map but didn't have it endon disconnect or something like that? Cause if it is something like that, maybe there is guidance to do it the right way? I just set the player on fire myself, but if I were to use that flamefx one day, it could be useful to know...

Would you want to explain how to enable console? It is somewhat likely that if they may not know how to do fix this then they may just play the maps rather than make them, and might not know... Also, I don't like the name tilde. I would like to call a vote to rename it the ka-cha key. Just kidding. I've just been calling it that forever.

Most common reason for this is RedSpaces old Napalm zombie not ending the DVAR for the flamefx, which means it will not end, even when quitting the game, since DVARs can go through map to other

Tilde key is usually the one under ESC, lol
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
I knew that key had a name... now i know lol ;)
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 7 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
I assumed a mapper changed it to 1, through script, in their map but didn't have it endon disconnect or something like that? Cause if it is something like that, maybe there is guidance to do it the right way? I just set the player on fire myself, but if I were to use that flamefx one day, it could be useful to know...
For scripters the correct way to set the screen on fire is to use setBurn();
Code Snippet
Plaintext
player setburn(<transition_time>);
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
For scripters the correct way to set the screen on fire is to use setBurn();
Code Snippet
Plaintext
player setburn(<transition_time>);

Very nice. I may use that instead of player.is_on_fire in my fire traps. Thanks.

Loading ...