More
Personal Quote
Donations massively appreciated: paypal.me/DanT98
Signature
Stranded
Nacht Der Untoten: Reimagined
Encampment
Encampment V2: BO3 Mod

Mapper and Weapon Porter - I release what I can of my work for the community to enjoy :)
ProRevenge's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
ProRevenge's Contact & Social LinksProRevenge
When I open the debris between outside building, and second outside beach, the ak forest zone activates, resulting in derping zombies spawning there? This also happens when opening through ak forest, outside building activates. How should I re do this zone script to fix it? The first outside beach opens to ak forest and outside building, which both open into second outside beach, for reference.

Code Snippet
Plaintext
	add_adjacent_zone( "start_zone", "zone2", "enter_zone2" );
add_adjacent_zone( "start_zone", "start_corridoor", "enter_start_corridoor" );
        add_adjacent_zone( "zone2", "first_outside_beach", "enter_first_outside_beach" );
        add_adjacent_zone( "first_outside_beach", "ak_forest", "enter_ak_forest" );
        add_adjacent_zone( "first_outside_beach", "outside_building", "enter_outside_building" );
        add_adjacent_zone( "outside_building", "second_outside_beach", "enter_second_outside_beach" );
        add_adjacent_zone( "ak_forest", "second_outside_beach", "enter_second_outside_beach" );
        add_adjacent_zone( "second_outside_beach", "warehouse", "enter_warehouse" );
        add_adjacent_zone( "second_outside_beach", "power_corridoor", "enter_power_corridoor" );
Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 05:34:10 pm by ProRevenge
This topic contains a post which is marked as the Best Answer. Click here to view it.
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 17 December 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
1,404Add +1
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
It aint much, if it aint Dutch
Signature
BluntStuffy's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
BluntStuffy's Contact & Social LinksBluntstuffy@BluntZombieBluntStuffyStuffyZombie
Code Snippet
Plaintext
        add_adjacent_zone( "outside_building", "second_outside_beach", "enter_second_outside_beach" );
        add_adjacent_zone( "ak_forest", "second_outside_beach", "enter_second_outside_beach" );

These two have the same flag, change one of them
Date Registered: 7 February 2015
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
ProRevenge's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Wouldn't that mean that one wont activate the second outside beach when opened? What flag should I change it to?
Marked as best answer by ProRevenge 9 years ago
Respect
1,404Add +1
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BluntStuffy's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
BluntStuffy's Contact & Social LinksBluntstuffy@BluntZombieBluntStuffyStuffyZombie
Wouldn't that mean that one wont activate the second outside beach when opened? What flag should I change it to?

both activate "second_outside_beach" so that should still work. Just make sure every flag is unique, doesn't matter what you name it..
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha

To further illustrate what blunt has said for a better understanding of zoning:

The red lines indicate when you activate the door, it sets the flag and according to your add adjacent lines, will make these zones adjacent, activating them as well. So the script determines what to activate when the flag is set, and the trigger says which flag to set when activated....

Which means the script_flag on the trigger will change and the flag on the add_adjacent_zone will change to match
So you can follow this example backwards and see that:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
becomes:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
add_adjacent_zone( "ak_forest", "second_outside_beach", "NEW_FLAG" );

Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 06:54:43 pm by MakeCents
Date Registered: 7 February 2015
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
ProRevenge's Groups
Ive sorted it now, thanks for the diagram to clear it up a little, it will make a good reference to any future maps I do non linear zones in :)
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Ive sorted it now, thanks for the diagram to clear it up a little, it will make a good reference to any future maps I do non linear zones in :)

Cool. If you like that, I also have this diagram that explains it slightly differently.

http://www.zombiemodding.com/index.php?topic=18347.msg163192#msg163192

Been trying to find a way to best illustrate it for some time, lol.
Respect
1,404Add +1
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BluntStuffy's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
I think a lot of people make zoning way to complicated.
Basicly every door connects two zone's ( some very rare exceptions maybe ).
It doesn't matter if you map is linear, a cirle, or a triangle shape or whatever, a single door Always conects two zone's..

Triggers on both side's of a door can have the same flag, because:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
        add_adjacent_zone( "zone1", "zone2", "enter_zone1_from_zone2" );
is the same as:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
        add_adjacent_zone( "zone2", "zone1", "enter_zone2_from_zone1" );

And every flag in your script needs to be unique ( very rare exceptions maybe ).

That's all there is to it  :P
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
I think a lot of people make zoning way to complicated.
Basicly every door connects two zone's ( some very rare exceptions maybe ).
It doesn't matter if you map is linear, a cirle, or a triangle shape or whatever, a single door Always conects two zone's..

Triggers on both side's of a door can have the same flag, because:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
        add_adjacent_zone( "zone1", "zone2", "enter_zone1_from_zone2" );
is the same as:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
        add_adjacent_zone( "zone2", "zone1", "enter_zone2_from_zone1" );

And every flag in your script needs to be unique ( very rare exceptions maybe ).

That's all there is to it  :P

I agree with people make zoning too complicated, even though I too had trouble understanding in the beginning, but not with the single door Always connects two zones part. I use one door or one script_flag to connect many zones, often. I use it to split large areas into smaller zones. So all zones will be activated by the same flag but the adjacent zone will be different for each. This condenses the spawning of course. I use it to separate areas too, where you can teleport to, where I should use one way zoning, but don't, lol. And I always have the same kvps on both sides of a door, between two zones, unless I make it a one way path.
Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 08:15:42 pm by MakeCents

Loading ...