My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
I'm getting this error when testing in coop. Single player works fine. The map goes to load and seems to load immediately, then:

I am told I spawned too many strings in gsc, but removed most scripts and it still does it, plus don't quite understand what that means.
broken avatar :(
Relentless Mapper
Date Registered: 21 August 2011
Last active: 3 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Nuclear
My Groups
More
KDXDARK's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Nuclear
Nuclear
DARKLEGION's requested title
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
KDXDARK's Contact & Social Links
I been 5 years with the mod tools and never i see this error, something new everyday with this :troll:
Marked as best answer by MakeCents 9 years ago
Date Registered: 17 December 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
1,404Add +1
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
It aint much, if it aint Dutch
Signature
BluntStuffy's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
BluntStuffy's Contact & Social LinksBluntstuffy@BluntZombieBluntStuffyStuffyZombie
Check your _zombiemode to see if youre still calling:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
	maps\_zombiemode_timer::init();

allong the init functions? I had this error pop up out of nowhere on Oil Rig i think, the 'zombiestopwatchneedle' is a shader used in that .gsc that's how i tracked it down i think..
Been a while though. Try commenting that script out, and see if that helps. Think that magicly fixed it for me back then..
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
Check your _zombiemode to see if youre still calling:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
	maps\_zombiemode_timer::init();

allong the init functions? I had this error pop up out of nowhere on Oil Rig i think, the 'zombiestopwatchneedle' is a shader used in that .gsc that's how i tracked it down i think..
Been a while though. Try commenting that script out, and see if that helps. Think that magicly fixed it for me back then..
Yeh it does, JBird had the same thing and I told him to comment that call and it fixed it for him too.
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Super duper awesome! Thanks!.

Anyone know if I will get this error again, or one related to it? And what I should avoid to not have that happen?

edit: and if I needed that script, lol. don't think i did.
Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 09:15:34 pm by MakeCents
Date Registered: 17 December 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
1,404Add +1
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
It aint much, if it aint Dutch
BluntStuffy's Groups
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
BluntStuffy's Contact & Social LinksBluntstuffy@BluntZombieBluntStuffyStuffyZombie
Personally i'm not sure what the actual cause is tbh. It seemed to pop up out of nowhere on Oi Rig, and never came back after removing the script.

EDIT: from the looks of the script it's the stopwatch hud being used in der-riese i think, so you can prob miss it
Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 09:19:09 pm by BluntStuffy
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Hmm, thanks. Seems it did that to me also, out of nowhere. All I can think that I have done since the last successful coop test was add some shaders, pecached from zombiemode, and updated scripts and adding scripts, and a lot of mapping. Updates were just making some thread on spawned things to fix players death issues, and I took the ones out I added, but that didn't work. I can't image it was the additional shaders, I've added more than this before I think...

But commenting that out did fix the issue with two players at least, lol. Hope I do not see it again.  :D

Thanks.
Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 09:27:46 pm by MakeCents
[UGX] Documentation Writer & Programmer
Date Registered: 23 August 2013
Last active: 7 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
(ง º ω º )ง u wont sum m8y?
Signature
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
DidUknowiPwn's Groups
UGX Team Member
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
G_FindConfigstringIndex has a limit that's defined by the parameter it's passed from.

Code Snippet
Plaintext
configStringIndex = G_FindConfigstringIndex(string, 515, 1023, 1, origErrorMsg);
Code Snippet
Plaintext
      if ( i == max )
      {
        Com_Printf(15, "G_FindConfigstringIndex: overflow...\n");

Edit:
Areas used (in bo1 at least)
Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 01:23:58 am by DidUknowiPwn
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
I got this error again, but it was a different place this time. It pointed me to a specific shader I was using. I ended up have to reduce the amount of shaders I was precaching by one and then it worked. I decreased it by 10 to be sure, I found extra, but it only gave me the error in coop, so it could have been one per player... not sure, didn't test anymore than that.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
DidUknowiPwn's Groups
UGX Team Member
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
I got this error again, but it was a different place this time. It pointed me to a specific shader I was using. I ended up have to reduce the amount of shaders I was precaching by one and then it worked. I decreased it by 10 to be sure, I found extra, but it only gave me the error in coop, so it could have been one per player... not sure, didn't test anymore than that.
It's more related to hud elements than anything else. Like you have a setText on a loop.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
It's more related to hud elements than anything else. Like you have a setText on a loop.

Really? I do use an old version of my hud hint string script in this map where it does do that. Perhaps I should update it and see if I still have that issue. I've modified that script do only set it once now while close to/touching the trigger in my latest version of it.

It only happens on load though. Not while in game. But I had another issue with that and trems bank combined before, so it prob would be a good idea for me to update it in this map then. Thanks.
Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 03:40:42 pm by MakeCents
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Team Member
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
DidUknowiPwn's Groups
UGX Team Member
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Really? I do use an old version of my hud hint string script in this map where it does do that. Perhaps I should update it and see if I still have that issue. I've modified that script do only set it once now while close to/touching the trigger in my latest version of it.

It only happens on load though. Not while in game. But I had another issue with that and trems bank combined before, so it prob would be a good idea for me to update it in this map then. Thanks.
And by loop I mean like 0.05 and have 4-6 other elements running with the same thing.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
And by loop I mean like 0.05 and have 4-6 other elements running with the same thing.

Cool, thanks. I'll play it safe and isolate any instance like that.

Loading ...