UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

[34/40] Industrial Estate - This isn't the factory where I work?

broken avatar :(
Created 9 years ago
by Scobalula
OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Signature
Aye mate you don't know me so y don't you shut tf up ok buddy :)

Scobalula's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links

Oh god, what was going through his mind when he rele- wait sorry, thought this was a Box Map, no this is Industrial Estate, what place would be best to hold up in in a zombie apocalypses? An Industrial Estate of course, not an ordinary one though, featuring many perks, unquie bosses, some sweet guns, buildables and much more, what is there not to like about it?

It may not be Oil Rig but it's a taste for what's in store along with a pretty sweet map.

Let's get down to business!

Starting off

Pretty laid back start, even with the risers it's quite easy to survive a number of rounds in the starting room. I recommendation from me is to grab the MK14 and QR and do your best to survive in the first room, if you fell you're getting overrun, no problem, open the door to the second area which has a nice amount of room.

Surviving

While training isn't exactly easy the map's layout and the "loops" make it easy to get out of a sticky situation, one can easy train around the garage area back through spawn and the second area. It gives you that relief that at least you know you can somewhat get out of a horde, unless you're a n00b like HitmanVere, High Rounds aren't too difficult with this in mind.

Along with that the array of weapons will cater to any zombie player making surviving the map relaxing for all zombie players, if you like Shotguns, no problem, there is many of them on the map, or are you an SMG guy? Sure thing, got some of them! The weapons are quite balanced when it comes to fire rate, ammo capacities and damage, while some guns may run out of ammo quickly this is made up for by the frequent drops and the Juggernauts as they drop Max Ammos (expect the Minigun ones, they drop Dead Machines), I can safely say I have not gone a game where I was worried about Ammo majorly.

Weaponry

As mentioned above the map has quite the array of weapons to cater for everyone. From the Sliquifier (buildable) to the ASM1 to the HK21, this map has a weapon for everyone. Many of the weapons are also, as mentioned above, very balanced, while we all want a M1911 that can kill in one shot it isn't always the best thing, many of the weapons who have low damage make up for this in other areas, same goes for low ammo guns such as Shotguns, with considerably high damage and can get you out of a very sticky situation.

Along with the bullet and wonder weapons there are others such as the QEDs and Gersch Device, the latter has saved my life on this map more times than I can imagine. You could consider the Shield under Weaponry, in that case it is also quite a useful device, and works similarly to its original.

Buildables

The buildables were a very nice addition, both the Sliquifier and the Zombie Shield can be built, parts aren't mad hard to find and both function very like their originals from Black Ops 2. Both are very useful, making them a worthy choice to try and get the parts to build. Do keep in mind however like Black Ops 2, the Sliquifier takes up a weapon slot and will replace the weapon you are holding when taking it.

Detail

The map follows a very consistent design as an Industrial area and the detail is very well done. Layout is very well done and as stated above the loops allow for getting out of sticky situations. The attention to detail is aparent, from the spot lights from holes in the roof to broken walls. Very well done on layout, design and detail. :)

Overall: This map is a must try, it's very well done in all departments. While it's a smallish map it gives considerable amount of replay value. +1

And our verdict kids:

Level of Detail: 8/10
Custom Content: 9/10
Fun Scale: 9/10
Replay-ability: 8/10

Overall: 34/40

Download link: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,7842.0.html

Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 07:00:42 pm by Scobalula
Date Registered: 21 February 2014
Last active: 11 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
ShotgunRagtime's Contact & Social LinksShotgunRagtime
Good review, especially the intro  ;)

I like how you laid the review out into different sections. Makes it easier to read and clearer
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Woah come on now! You're telling me this map is better than Collingwood Psychiatric Hospital, Zombie Sumpf, Dixmore Asylum and Pentium by Daedra Descent which can be found here: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,1461.0.html
Shut up! You sir have caused me to become outraged! Get out from underneath Stevie's desk and clean yourself up. A small, mico map with nothing to do past survival gets a thirty-freakin-four?! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

I mean Pentium had lots of custom guns too and it actually had a buyable ending on top of all that! I'm throwing the BS flag on this total act of ass-kissery. (Storms out - slams door - hinges break -calls repair man to fix door - murders him in the continued fit of rage from reading this review)

OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Scobalula's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links
Woah come on now! You're telling me this map is better than Collingwood Psychiatric Hospital, Zombie Sumpf, Dixmore Asylum and Pentium by Daedra Descent which can be found here: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,1461.0.html
Shut up! You sir have caused me to become outraged! Get out from underneath Stevie's desk and clean yourself up. A small, mico map with nothing to do past survival gets a thirty-freakin-four?! I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

I mean Pentium had lots of custom guns too and it actually had a buyable ending on top of all that! I'm throwing the BS flag on this total act of ass-kissery. (Storms out - slams door - hinges break -calls repair man to fix door - murders him in the continued fit of rage from reading this review)

(Image removed from quote.)

You lost me completely when I saw DD's name.
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(

How did I miss that hidden gem 'Pentium'? :o

"The theme of this map is a very blandish area." Well if that doesn't get your panties wet nothing will.

Oh and cheque's in the post Scoba ;)
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha

But Tom, Hotel V2 is 40/40, aint it? :troll:
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
You lost me completely when I saw DD's name.
I respect you for that answer.

But Tom, Hotel V2 is 40/40, aint it? :troll:
Well that's because HitmanVere only knows how to make 40/40's  ;)
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
I respect you for that answer.
Well that's because HitmanVere only knows how to make 40/40's  ;)

This guy knows his shit

Loading ...