UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Overgrowth 115 - Going on a switch hunt...again.

HOT
broken avatar :(
Created 9 years ago
by tomikaze
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access

Creator: CreepersAreEpic (Ping998)

Setting: Shortly after the events of Discovery Island a team of highly trained soldiers has been sent to some ancient ruins to investigate a supposed element 115 sighting...WFT, am I reading the same script that's been used for like 300+ custom zombie maps? Screw this, I'm writing my own version.
That old crazy bastard, Walt Disney, setup theme parks to attract young children and began kidnapping them and harvesting their brains in his underground lab where he'd then hook up all the brains to a machine and use their combined happy thoughts to summon a powerful alien entity to take him with them and give him eternal life and their own planet and 72 virgins and a truck load of blow.

Positives: I've really liked all of the maps I've played by CreepersAreEpic, both Bunbury and Discovery Island were fun maps. This map looks better than both of its predecessors with a better, more fun layout and good use of heights as there are ramps, tunnels in the sky and underground areas which all take you around the map where everything connects in a pretzel-like shape. There are tons of guns from COD4 all the way to Advanced Warfare so you are sure to find something you like. Once again there are no wall weapons so every gun must be purchased from the mystery box; I think that is a really cool idea which seem to be a trend on all Creeper's maps. There are 10 hidden switches to location and each of them unlock a perk machine location, the PAP machine and the buyable ending location hidden in an underground cavern. There are also 3 hidden teddy bears and 3 soul chests to fill to give you some extra optional things to do.

Negatives: Regarding the objective - these are the exact same objective that the mapper has used in each of his previous maps with really no variation. It isn't that it's not fun, but it's not creative in the least. The only reason to play this map over the previous ones would be newer guns and a new layout to run around in. There were quite a few places on the map that I could train zombies very easily and after just a couple rounds I knew all the zombie spawn locations and could run the map with my eyes closed (more-or-less); even areas with tall grass seemed surprisingly easy to navigate.

Conclusion: This map does look better than the mapper's previous two offerings but in the end it suffers from being too easy and feeling like you've done all this too many times before. Overgrowth is a fun, relaxing map and depending on how forgiving you are may offer enough to convince you to see it through to the end but the lack of difficulty or anything new and fresh may mean that you never come back to it again.

Level of Detail: 6/10
Custom Content: 7/10
Fun Scale: 7/10
Replayability: 4/10

Score: 24/40

Download map here: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8000.0.html
Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 04:25:55 am by tomikaze
Date Registered: 22 September 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Here to make epic maps
pcmodder's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
pcmodder's Contact & Social Linkspcmodderugxken5hir0
So i am clear , why do some maps get reviewed and some not. It seems to be most maps get overlooked in tgese reviews and i would like a reason why.

Recently i have been surprised by the amount of maps , the friends map will get reviews within hours and everyone else can fuck right off. Then how about the content of these reviews, is most of the time biast as they are friends with one another.

I release a map weeks ago and ask 3 reviewers to review , one says yes he is doing it but still no review. I think i will reviewe some of these maps myself as many of these mappers spend a long time to get their work overlooked . I bring this discussion back to the amount of feedback i recieved from my map , i ask some they all say x amount of mapping errors , nothing good to say about it.

You need reviewers that are independant as atm it is my mates review etc , this is meant to be community but it seems like some get all others get fucked off. It will become a point to other mappers not to bother they will get overlooked and ignored.

P.S do not review my map from this point on as i do not want opinion based on anything but gameplay quality and map design. Example you have industria,l estae , all the zombies spawn out of 1 spot in the start area ! And it gets described as some epic map ?! When all the zombies come from the same window.

Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Recently i have been surprised by the amount of maps , the friends map will get reviews within hours and everyone else can fuck right off. Then how about the content of these reviews, is most of the time biast as they are friends with one another.

Its not like reviewer tells you to fuck off. You cant make reviewer to review your map, same with telling mapper to map a map for you. And reviewer might have forgotten, lol

P.S do not review my map from this point on as i do not want opinion based on anything but gameplay quality and map design. Example you have industria,l estae , all the zombies spawn out of 1 spot in the start area ! And it gets described as some epic map ?! When all the zombies come from the same window.

IE has one traverse and few risers in spawn, same as in Rainy Death :poker:
Date Registered: 22 September 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Here to make epic maps
pcmodder's Groups
pcmodder's Contact & Social Linkspcmodderugxken5hir0
Nah man , you yourself insulted my map in the chat "LOL about 30 mapping errors" after i say good feedback about your map.  Then i get "No one play it because it is on UGX mod"  . And before i spend all that time finsihing detail on a map that will get left aside anyway i upload the .map i am done with it.

And from a player of 1000s of hours on black ops 1 and 2 yea 1 spawn in the start is piss poor as far as i am concerned, it makes the whole game easy , spot where the riser spot is and you can easily collect them all.  As i said a lot of these reviews are done by freinds of mappers etc.
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Nah man , you yourself insulted my map in the chat "LOL about 30 mapping errors" after i say good feedback about your map.  Then i get "No one play it because it is on UGX mod"  . And before i spend all that time finsihing detail on a map that will get left aside anyway i upload the .map i am done with it.

And from a player of 1000s of hours on black ops 1 and 2 yea 1 spawn in the start is piss poor as far as i am concerned, it makes the whole game easy , spot where the riser spot is and you can easily collect them all.  As i said a lot of these reviews are done by freinds of mappers etc.

I didnt say that first part :poker: I said it was good map, but there was few issues, that could be fixed easily (and I was tired as well, was late that night) I will go in your topic, since you made it
Date Registered: 20 June 2014
Last active: 16 hours ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Behold the power of Mirror Force
Signature
The greatest failure is not to try and fail, but is to fail without trying.
Ramiabdh's Groups
Ramiabdh's Contact & Social Links
why do some maps get reviewed and some not.
Look, a custom map reviewer, is not a job you apply for and have to work 24/7. It's just something you yourself give, spend time on, etc... So a map reviewer can review whatever he wants to review. You can't just force someone to review your or someone's map. Hell if I wanted to be a reviewer, I would've reviewed a map that's been long dead, cause, it's my choice.

What friends, what bias,  :kidding: Again, if someone wants to review a map, he would do so on his free will. Am I right Tom, does someone order you around and tell you to review specific maps, ha? Is that true Scob, Jiffy? Do they ask to write some specific text, or write your OWN PERSONAL OPINION.

You can search all reviews done here on ugx, and you'll/conclude that none of them include this bias/friend shit you're talking about. I've seen all sort of professional mappers, to beginners get their maps reviewed, not because they are FRIENDS.

And sorry tom we got off topic.
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Hi PCModder, If I'm going to do one of these more serious reviews I want to review a map that I enjoyed and can say some good things about. My reason for reviewing a map - Once in a while someone will ask me to review their map but more often than not I just review maps that stand out to me in some way. I've even told some people that I didn't want to make a review for their map because I just didn't think it was that good.
Also, be careful what you wish for, maybe the reviewers you asked to review your map haven't reviewed it because they didn't want to hurt your feelings with what they would say about it if they did review it - just a thought.
Date Registered: 2 September 2013
Last active: 1 day ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Ping998
Signature
"My maps might not be the best looking, or the most hyped, but I still release them in hopes that they can make others somewhat happy"

- Ping
Ping998's Groups
Ping998's Contact & Social LinksPing998Ping998ZPing998CreepersAreAwesome
Thanks for reviewing my map tom!

Just so you know, this will be the last of my maps to follow my original formula.

I'm experimenting in new ways to go about playing zombies (as shown in Stairway To Hell and will be in my upcoming map). I realise this formula got a bit old but I thought I better finish what I started.

I'm glad you did enjoy it overall so thank you.

The Last of Us
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 2 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎
Signature
smasher248's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
smasher248's Contact & Social Linkssmasher248smasher248

lol do u honestly think ur map is better than IE, u dont even put any effort into weapons, putting the ugx mod on a map has just become a lazy approach
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(

Your map probably didn't get reviewed as most people thought it was piss poor and not worth the time. :please:
Date Registered: 6 August 2015
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Hiya!
Eggies's Groups
Eggies's Contact & Social LinkstiyoushiXelasto
Please stop bashing pcmodder. It's just plain wrong. Saying
Your map probably didn't get reviewed as most people thought it was piss poor and not worth the time. :please:
Or
lol do u honestly think ur map is better than IE, u dont even put any effort into weapons, putting the ugx mod on a map has just become a lazy approach
Is just plain insults and doesn't help him or ANYBODY become a better mapper really. I'm fine if you give constructive criticism, but insults like these are not helpful in anyway. Before any of you ask, No, I am not friends with pcmodder. I barely know him. But still saying such toxic things about his map won't push him to continue making maps and making himself better. What good would any of these quotes do?
drago
Date Registered: 5 July 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
More
jjbradman's Groups
jjbradman's Contact & Social Linksjjbradmanjjbradmanjjbradman
Nah man , you yourself insulted my map in the chat "LOL about 30 mapping errors"
bitch please i made wine  :alone:  lol
True Blue Elite
Date Registered: 29 March 2014
Last active: 11 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
Signature
Please give me beta access, I would LOVE to test CO-OP
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access

mate, reviewers play maps that they think will be a nice time, they usually finish the map, then write a review about it. Look on the bright side, your map got played by TheRelaxingEnd, possibly the most famous zombie youtuber to date.
You can't just force someone to review your map because 'you want to get people's opinion if it' that's what the comments section of your topic is for.
Also, reviewers don't just review maps of friends, look at me for example. I have reviewed NDU Re-Imagined, Cryogenic and Dixmore Asylum, and I have never spoken to either of these men (or women) in my life, the only person's maps i've reviewed that I talk to is HitmanVere, because his maps are quality and are fun to play, simple as that.
If you are so butt-hurt about people not wanting to review your maps, then use that to fuel your desire to make a better map for everybody to play.
Case in point, just eat a teaspoon of cement and harden up buttercup.
with regards,
JiffyNoodles
OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Signature
Aye mate you don't know me so y don't you shut tf up ok buddy :)

Scobalula's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links

Am I right Tom, does someone order you around and tell you to review specific maps, ha? Is that true Scob, Jiffy? Do they ask to write some specific text, or write your OWN PERSONAL OPINION.

Nope, my friendship with mappers of the maps I have reviewed has not influenced my reviews. I review maps based on what I think of them, do they stand out, etc. Unfortunately it's hard for me to review a UGX Mod map as....well...UGX Mod 1.0.4 is well past its expiry date, and is the same thing as tons of maps now if you apply it to your map, it was great when it came out but now I don't see why people are using.

In relation to Stevie's Industrial Estate (since you seem to keep going on about it, pcmodder), it was a very well done map, regardless of what you want to think, features, weapons, juggs,  to me a few features, along with detail and  and just out right enjoyable.

Also I'd you're opinion on a map is a spawner then you may want to reconsider criticising us Reviewers.
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
Please stop bashing pcmodder. It's just plain wrong. SayingOrIs just plain insults and doesn't help him or ANYBODY become a better mapper really. I'm fine if you give constructive criticism, but insults like these are not helpful in anyway. Before any of you ask, No, I am not friends with pcmodder. I barely know him. But still saying such toxic things about his map won't push him to continue making maps and making himself better. What good would any of these quotes do?
With his shitty attitude I couldn't care less if he never made another map tbh.

Loading ...