More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
---{ AGC's Releases }---
AGC's Black Ops 2 Shader Pack! - http://modme.co/index.php?view=topic&tid=629
AGC's Origins Hud! - http://modme.co/index.php?view=topic&tid=1022

---{ AGC's Tutorials }---
Fix Custom Weapons Not Going Into The Box! - http://modme.co/index.php?view=topic&tid=696
Wild_LD's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Hey guys, I am trying to compile and test a map I've been working on. Whenever I load the map it crashes as soon as I load the map in console to play it. I've made and played maps before so I am not sure why it's not working. I did notice there are some errors in the console when I try and compile the map that I have never seen before and I was wondering if anyone knows what the problem is. I've tried going in and fixing the things that the errors are saying but it makes no sense because some of the stuff isn't even there. For example, when it says that some pathnodes are floating or overlapping. That doesn't make sense because I have no pathnodes in the map yet :/ I have included a copy of the launcher console after attempting to compile the map so you can see the errors. The pastebin link contains the whole console in case you need it. The code box below shows the errors only. Also the Error: Acess to path    errors are not what I am talking about.

http://pastebin.com/3eSvFumD

Code Snippet
Plaintext
ERROR: surface 'decal_destruction_roof_burned' is partially floating or needs to be aligned
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 0 brush 2002 at -585 -2942 281
ERROR: surface 'decal_destruction_roof_burned' is partially floating or needs to be aligned
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 0 brush 2003 at -585 -2927 263
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 0 brush 2002 at -581 -2942 281
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 0 brush 2003 at -581 -2927 263

ERROR: Lightmap uses more than one pixel per inch.
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 0 brush 293 at 499 414 24
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 0 brush 294 at 385 414 24
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 0 brush 294 at 387 414 24
ERROR: Texture repeats too many times.
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 0 brush 1688 at 279 -2750 547

ERROR: Lightmap coordinates don't change in at least one direction; try the LMAP or NATURAL buttons in the surface dialog.
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 96 brush 2 at 9 6 18
ERROR: Lightmap coordinates don't change in at least one direction; try the LMAP or NATURAL buttons in the surface dialog.
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 96 brush 2 at 18 6 18
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 96 brush 2 at 12 6 -3
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 96 brush 2 at 27 6 -14
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 96 brush 1 at 27 4 -25
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 96 brush 1 at 27 4 7
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 96 brush 1 at 27 4 17
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 96 brush 1 at 8 4 18
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 96 brush 1 at 27 4 18
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 96 brush 1 at 13 4 -3
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 98 brush 2 at -19 6 18
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 98 brush 2 at -9 6 18
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 98 brush 2 at -12 6 -3
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 98 brush 2 at -28 6 -14
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 98 brush 1 at -9 4 18
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 98 brush 1 at -28 4 8
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 98 brush 1 at -12 4 -3
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 98 brush 1 at -28 4 -24
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 99 brush 1 at 14 2 -1
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 99 brush 1 at -18 2 -1
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 99 brush 1 at -3 2 -51
ERROR: surface 'zombie_logo' is partially floating or needs to be aligned
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 100 brush 8 at -4 2 -46
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 100 brush 12 at 2 2 -46
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 101 brush 22 at -5 -11 -43
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 101 brush 25 at 1 -11 -43
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 102 brush 10 at 75 14 -73
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 102 brush 10 at 57 14 -73
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 102 brush 10 at 45 14 -54
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 102 brush 10 at 46 14 -49
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 102 brush 10 at 46 14 -73
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 102 brush 10 at 88 14 -81
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 102 brush 9 at 88 8 -102
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 102 brush 9 at 44 8 -46
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 102 brush 9 at 45 8 -50
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 102 brush 9 at 44 8 -54
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 102 brush 9 at 46 8 -73
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 102 brush 9 at 88 8 -54
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 102 brush 9 at 70 8 -73
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 103 brush 9 at -41 14 -44
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 103 brush 9 at -43 14 -48
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 103 brush 9 at -41 14 -52
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 103 brush 9 at -61 14 -71
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 103 brush 9 at -84 14 -79
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 103 brush 8 at -42 8 -48
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 103 brush 8 at -41 8 -44
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 103 brush 8 at -41 8 -52
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 103 brush 8 at -61 8 -71
In map D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source\nazi_zombie_giant.map on entity 103 brush 8 at -85 8 -81
Writing D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\raw\maps\nazi_zombie_giant.d3dbsp

Light grid sample point file 'D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\raw\maps\nazi_zombie_giant.grid' not found.
Vis cache logfile 'D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\raw\maps\nazi_zombie_giant.vclog' not found; using static model origins only.
Using 517707 grid points from grid logfile 'D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\raw\maps\nazi_zombie_giant.grid_auto'.
Light grid sample point file 'D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\raw\maps\nazi_zombie_giant.grid_not' not found.

ERROR: Pathnode (Begin) at (1197.8 -283.8 100) is floating
ERROR: Pathnode (Begin) at (1197.8 -891.8 100) is floating
ERROR: Pathnode (Begin) at (1290.2 -892.7 100) is floating
ERROR: Pathnode (Begin) at (1290.2 -284.7 100) is floating
Connecting paths: Start...
ERROR: Pathnode (End) at (1427.3 400.8 66.125) has no connections leaving it
Connecting paths: 5%
ERROR: Pathnode (End) at (986.8 384.5 20.125) has no connections leaving it
Connecting paths: 10%
Connecting paths: 15%
ERROR: Pathnode (End) at (443.5 384.3 20.125) has no connections leaving it
Connecting paths: 20%
Connecting paths: 25%
ERROR: Pathnode (End) at (31.7 -119.3 20.125) has no connections leaving it
Connecting paths: 30%
ERROR: Pathnode (End) at (357.6 -1145.3 -63.875) has no connections leaving it
Connecting paths: 35%
Connecting paths: 40%
ERROR: Pathnode (End) at (-89.8 -249.6 66.375) has no connections leaving it
Connecting paths: 45%
Connecting paths: 50%
ERROR: Pathnode (End) at (-216.9 -353.2 94.125) has no connections leaving it
Connecting paths: 55%
ERROR: Pathnode (End) at (1127.8 -283.8 62.1613) has no connections leaving it
Connecting paths: 60%
ERROR: Pathnode (End) at (1127.8 -891.8 70.125) has no connections leaving it
Connecting paths: 65%
ERROR: Pathnode (End) at (1360.2 -892.7 64.125) has no connections leaving it
Connecting paths: 70%
ERROR: Pathnode (End) at (1360.2 -284.7 64.125) has no connections leaving it
Connecting paths: 75%
Connecting paths: 80%
Connecting paths: 85%
ERROR: Pathnode (Path) at (1156.5 -1406.7 205.125) has no connections leaving it
Connecting paths: 90%
Connecting paths: 95%
Connecting paths: 100%
Connecting paths: Done

I'm not 100% sure that this is why the map wont work but I have never seen these errors before and they don't make sense and I have no idea how to fix them. If you can help that would be great! Thank you :)
This topic contains a post which is marked as the Best Answer. Click here to view it.
broken avatar :(
OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Signature
Aye mate you don't know me so y don't you shut tf up ok buddy :)

Scobalula's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links
Lightmap errors: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdI1MASnjZI

Path Node errors probably coming from negotiation nodes i.e. traverses, since you have no path nodes on your map as you say, they have no node to connect to, therefore no connections leaving it.
Date Registered: 7 January 2015
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Wild_LD's Groups
Thanks for the reply. I watched the video and did what it said but it doesn't work. Is there like a way to select everything and change them at once or something?
Marked as best answer by Wild_LD 8 years ago
Date Registered: 5 September 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
I belive purple is getting me...
IperBreach86's Groups
IperBreach86's Contact & Social LinksIperBreach86
Thanks for the reply. I watched the video and did what it said but it doesn't work. Is there like a way to select everything and change them at once or something?
Try this:
while on radiant press:
SHIFT+L untill all the texture on your map look like white and grey squares

Then press " I " to select everything.

After that press " S " and click a couple of times on " NATURAL ".

Usually i repeat this a bunch of times to make sure.
This often fixes the
Code Snippet
Plaintext
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Wild_LD's Groups
That did fix the one pixel per inch error but the map still crashes. Any idea how to fix any of these errors?

or

or

Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
IperBreach86's Groups
That did fix the one pixel per inch error but the map still crashes. Any idea how to fix any of these errors?

or

or

The last two errors can actually be ignored, they dont break your map, the first one i remember getting it but i dunno how i fixed it.
Try this but do a backup of the map first!
Select everything with "I" then open the texture window with "S" and press on LMAP.
That should do it.
Or do the same thing but before selecting everything press SHIFT+L
Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 10:01:49 pm by IperBreach86
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Wild_LD's Groups
That fixed all those errors but the map still crashes :/ The only other error that pops up is the pathnode ones (I can add them in if those are map breaking errors) and ERROR: Texture repeats too many times.

Also when the game crashes it says something like couldn't find ui_button_a or something like that.

Thanks for your help though. I just wish I could get it to work because I have been working on this map for 8 months xD
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
IperBreach86's Groups
That fixed all those errors but the map still crashes :/ The only other error that pops up is the pathnode ones (I can add them in if those are map breaking errors) and ERROR: Texture repeats too many times.

Also when the game crashes it says something like couldn't find ui_button_a or something like that.

Thanks for your help though. I just wish I could get it to work because I have been working on this map for 8 months xD
Texture repeat too many times is another error you can ignore for now.
Its seems youve got the menu file broken?
Try running the map with developer 1
Does the map crash before or after loading?
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Wild_LD's Groups
It crashes as soon as I type devmap then the map name and press enter. It will show the very first part of the Activision loading screen, literally a split second and then crash and the WaW console says couldn't find ui_button_a or something like that.
OnionmanVere Bo21
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Scobalula's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
It crashes as soon as I type devmap then the map name and press enter. It will show the very first part of the Activision loading screen, literally a split second and then crash and the WaW console says couldn't find ui_button_a or something like that.

What have you added/done since it didn't crash?

If it's an image error, WaW will crash if it can't fine ui images, etc. for example if you add overlay for a sniper in Weapon file, and image isn't included, it will crash.
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Wild_LD's Groups
I've just done mapping. I haven't edited weapons or added scripts or anything yet or anything outside of radiant. All of the prefab I've added worked fine when the map last didn't crash. Since then I've only added brushes with default textures and default models.

Double Post Merge: June 05, 2016, 04:30:30 pm
If it's an image error, WaW will crash if it can't fine ui images, etc. for example if you add overlay for a sniper in Weapon file, and image isn't included, it will crash.

I found the iwi that it says it's missing under raw/images in my cod waw directory. Should I copy the image to another location? If so then where would you think?
Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 04:30:30 pm by AGC Trolling
OnionmanVere Bo21
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Scobalula's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Copy it to root\mods\modname\images, tick in Launcher and build mod.ff and IWD.
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Wild_LD's Groups
That fixed the game crashing :) but now it kicks me back to the main menu after the Activision loading screen and says:

script runtime error
(see console for details)
assert fail: Two structs have the same linkname

I really appreciate you guys helping me through this.
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
IperBreach86's Groups
That fixed the game crashing :) but now it kicks me back to the main menu after the Activision loading screen and says:

script runtime error
(see console for details)
assert fail: Two structs have the same linkname

I really appreciate you guys helping me through this.
That basically explains itself, go trough your script_structs and see wich ones have the same name :/
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Wild_LD's Groups
That basically explains itself, go trough your script_structs and see wich ones have the same name :/

Copy it to root\mods\modname\images, tick in Launcher and build mod.ff and IWD.

So I have gotten to the point now where I can start and load up the map. However, once I am in the game My screen just gets popups. I have recorded a little video so you guys can see for yourself.

Here is the video: (Yes, I am making a remake of Der Riese)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxY0LuYlByw&feature=youtu.be

Loading ...