Rotting Walker
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
am also a cat
Signature
Speedy's Groups
So I just wanted to know how you could make a teleport where you walk threw a entity and it would teleport you to a location (Like when the rifts in black ops 3)
Marked as best answer by Speedy 8 years ago
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
So I just wanted to know how you could make a teleport where you walk threw a entity and it would teleport you to a location (Like when the rifts in black ops 3)

I haven't played much BO3, so I'm not sure there, but in waw, to teleport a player, just use setorigin();
http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty_4:_Scripting_Reference_-_Player::SetOrigin

So your ent would most likely be a trigger multiple, you would get it and wait till it was triggered, then check if it were a player, and setorigin. Something like this:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
TeleportMeInit(){
trigs = GetEntArray( "teleportme","targetname" );//trigger_multiples wiht targetname of teleportme
array_thread( trigs,::TeleportMe );
}
TeleportMe(){
while(1){
self waittill("trigger", who);
if(IsPlayer( who )){
dest = getstruct( self.target,"targetname" );//in radiant, add a struct at destination, select your trigger then your struct and press w
who DontInterpolate(  );
who SetOrigin( dest.origin );
}
}
}
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
whats this?

Code Snippet
Plaintext
DontInterpolate
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
whats this?

Code Snippet
Plaintext
DontInterpolate

I believe that keeps it from showing the player while they move to the origin. So its instant.

Edit: http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty_4:_Scripting_Reference_-_Entity::DontInterpolate

Edit: read in a post blunt posted while back
Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 08:10:44 pm by MakeCents
Date Registered: 10 April 2015
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
am also a cat
Speedy's Groups
I haven't played much BO3, so I'm not sure there, but in waw, to teleport a player, just use setorigin();
http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty_4:_Scripting_Reference_-_Player::SetOrigin

So your ent would most likely be a trigger multiple, you would get it and wait till it was triggered, then check if it were a player, and setorigin. Something like this:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
TeleportMeInit(){
trigs = GetEntArray( "teleportme","targetname" );//trigger_multiples wiht targetname of teleportme
array_thread( trigs,::TeleportMe );
}
TeleportMe(){
while(1){
self waittill("trigger", who);
if(IsPlayer( who )){
dest = getstruct( self.target,"targetname" );//in radiant, add a struct at destination, select your trigger then your struct and press w
who DontInterpolate(  );
who SetOrigin( dest.origin );
}
}
}

Thanks a lot for that, defiantly crediting you for my map as you solved a problem with my current script 😀

Loading ...