Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 10 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Frozen's Groups
Frozen's Contact & Social Links
Im having a really bad time with the gsc. file. I just can't uderstand how the hell does it work or actually not work. I should start by saying that i had my gsc. file in root/mods/<map_name>/maps unlike others in the root/raw/maps folder. When i added adjacent to the gsc. file which was in my mods folder nothing really happened, I couldnt make it to work. Then i copied the gsc. into the raw/maps folder and I finally managed to adjacent the first 2 zones. Not long after when i tried to adjacent 3rd zone to the first and second, I once again couldnt do it. I did everything exactly the same, but nothing worked. I spent at least half a day trying to fix it until i got mad  and turned the Pc off, came back and somehow it fixed itself (didnt change a thing). Now I've added 2 more zones and i cant make it to work again. The weirdest thing is that even if i delete all the adjacents from both the gsc files, somehow it still works, the zones that i managed to adjacent before work just fine. It seems that when I compile and build the mod, it just skips the gsc. file (that's the only explanation I came up with), but i have it checked and it says in the console that it copressed it. I dont have anymore of those gsc. files int the World at War folder and when i double click the gsc. in the radiant it has the adjacent lines in it. I think i tried every possible way to fix it, and I'm pretty sure i named the zones right, because i checked it at least 100 times. I did restart the computer few times, hoping that it would magicly fix itself again. But didn't work this time :/

These are my lines from the gsc. file:
      add_adjacent_zone( "start_zone", "zone1", "enter_zone1");
     add_adjacent_zone( "start_zone", "zone2", "enter_zone2");
     add_adjacent_zone( "zone1", "zone2", "enter_zone2");
     add_adjacent_zone( "zone1", "zone3", "enter_zone3");
     add_adjacent_zone( "zone1", "zone4", "enter_zone4");
     add_adjacent_zone( "zone3", "zone4", "enter_zone3.2");

It is slowly driving me crazy, so i'd really appreciate any help.

After few more hours of trying to make it work I managed to make the zombies in the 2 not working zones to spawn, but they spawn only when im in the one of the 3 working zones, which means the 2 zones aren't adjacent, but they still spawn
broken avatar :(
The Voice in your Eyes
Date Registered: 26 June 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Breton boys do what Breton boys do.
Alerion's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
At first I have to say that the path of your .gsc depends on the scriptplacer you use and shouldn't be changed. There are a few tutorials ofc which have a different path but you should be fine with the path your scriptplacer gave you.

Then, to make it easier to understand what could be wrong, I'd suggest you to upload a simple pic (could be done via paint) explaining your layout (eg. which zone can be accessed via which).

And why did you add ".2" at  "enter_zone3.2"?
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
There is a lot to sift through here but...

• If it is a setup issue, I am afraid I won't be much help.
  • If it is zoning, I wouldn't mind working through it with you. I've struggled a lot learning zoning but have a pretty good handle on the basics now. 9.9 times out of 10 it was a typo or kvp issue. There are many many tutorials out there.
  • I just wanted to make sure... You don't have Cod open when you are building your mod do you? If the CoDWaW process is running before or during the mod build it will seem like you are doing nothing. You will most likely have to build it again once you shut it down.

Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Frozen's Groups
http://postimg.org/image/toaf4yypb/

The green circles stand for the doors and you have the script_flag next to it.

When you enter_zone1 the start_zone and zone1 are suppoust to be adjacent
When you enter_zone2 the start_zone, zone1 and the zone2 are suppoust to be adjacent
When you enter_zone3 the zone1 and zone3 are suppoust to be adjacent
When you enter_zone4 the zone1 and zone4 are suppoust to be adjacent
When you enter_zone3.2 the zone 3  and zone4 are suppoust to be adjacent

I added 3.2 because I allready have enter_zone3 and instead naming it zone5 (because I dont enter a new zone, I either  enter zone 3 or 4), i named it 3.2. It's just to remeber it better. I think you should understand it now from the photo.

But I still dont think that the problem is with what i have inside the gsc. file. Whenever i delete all the adjacents form the file they still work just fine( the ones that normally work). It seems  to me like it just doesnt update it.

Post Merge: April 18, 2014, 02:43:55 pm
Well actually I did have Cod opened most of the time. But i'm pretty sure i did also compile while it was closed ( i think). I'm just gonna try it now and say in a minute if it worked.
Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 02:43:55 pm by Frozen
The Voice in your Eyes
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Alerion's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
I added 3.2 because I allready have enter_zone3 and instead naming it zone5 (because I dont enter a new zone, I either  enter zone 3 or 4), i named it 3.2. It's just to remeber it better. I think you should understand it now from the photo.

It's easier now, thanks for the photo.

Doesn't is conflict with your KvPs when you type "enter 3.2" instead of "enter 3"? I never tried this cause I never made direct loops possible in my projects.

EDIT: it ofc. doesn't, sorry:P

but why do you have this line?
Code Snippet
Plaintext
 "start_zone", "zone2"
Zone 2 doesn't seem to be accessable via the start zone.
Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 02:51:40 pm by Alerion
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Frozen's Groups
Well it isn't accassable from the starting zone. But zone2 is small (just one a little bigger than the others room) and it's close to the starting zone, so i thought it wouldn't harm anyone if i adjacent zone2 with start_zone

Post Merge: April 18, 2014, 03:06:47 pm

• I just wanted to make sure... You don't have Cod open when you are building your mod do you? If the CoDWaW process is running before or during the mod build it will seem like you are doing nothing. You will most likely have to build it again once you shut it down.

I have just built the mod with Cod turned off, I even restarted Pc just to be sure. No changes though. Still doesn't work
Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 03:08:02 pm by Frozen
The Voice in your Eyes
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Alerion's Groups
Well, what you do with these lines is basically telling your compiler which zone you leave and which one you enter (as far as I'm concerned).
Does it help when you delete that line?

Is zone 4 accessable via zone 3 without opening the door at zone 1? And if so, which kvp did you use on that door?
Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 03:09:20 pm by Alerion
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Frozen's Groups
You mean without opening the door which directly leads from zone1 to zone3?
If so yes, you go through zone3 and buy a door which leads to zone4.

The kvps:

Trigger which leads to zone3:
classname              | trigger_use
script_noteworthy  | magic_door
zombie_cost           | 250
target                      | mydoor3
targetname            | zombie_debris
script_flag              | enter_zone3

Trigger which leads to zone4:
script_flag                 | enter_zone4
targetname               | zombie_debirs
target                         | mydoor4
zombie_cost              | 250
script_noteworthy     | magic_door
classname                 | trigger_use

Trigger which connects  zone4 with zone3:
script_flag                 | enter_zone3.2
targetname               | zombie_debris
target                        | mydoor3.2
zombie_cost             | 250
script_noteworthy    | magic_door
classname                | trigger_use
The Voice in your Eyes
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Alerion's Groups
When I get it right, you'll have to make a different trigger for entering zune 3 from zone 4 (if you buy the door from the zone 4 side).
so this yould work:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
add_adjacent_zone( "zone4", "zone3", "enter_zone3.3");

Did you make two triggers or one big for that door?
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Frozen's Groups
I have 2 triggers. 1 from each side, that are exactly the same. I don't know why but when I was making one big trigger, I couldn't buy the door and when I had 2 the same smaller it worked just fine. Do you think that maybe somehow they make it that it doesn't work? I'll try it when I'll get back
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
I have just built the mod with Cod turned off, I even restarted Pc just to be sure. No changes though. Still doesn't work

Zone issue?
Well, the knee bone connects to the thigh bone so... Your add_adjacent code looks fine, minus the extra flag *4 for zone2 as mentioned by Alerion, and your trigger kvps seem fine. Now we just have to trace the path from the each trigger to each spawner. As far as I understand, the trigger sets the flag which tells the script the zones are enabled, the script says if the player is adjacent to that zone, or a player is in that zone, enable the zombies to spawn according to that zones target, and the correlating spawner allows the possibility for a zombie to spawn there.
Zone related KVPs:
  • Trigger says set the flag and clear the path.
    • script_flag: enter_zone3 (but the target is the door)
  • Zone (Info Volume) activates the spawner
    • target: zone3_spawners (which spawns to activate when here) *1
    • targetname: zone3 (the zone name that will match the add_adjacent script) *2
  • Zombie spawner enables the possibility for zombies to spawn there
    • targetname: zone3_spawners (the target from the zone)*3

*1 If kvps are not right here it won't work, i.e. find_flesh...
*2 It will spawn here and I think two adjacent zones away even.
*3 And other kvps or course which can be found in tutorials. (The best way to avoid typos here is to set up the volume, have only it selected, then select your spawner, and press W.)
*4 This could cause it to look like spawns in other areas aren't working in the early rounds, since it will most likely cause more spawns in the start zone, maybe.

Path issue?
If all this is good without any typos or incorrect kvps, then the only other thing I could think of is that the zombies can not establish a path to the player and are not spawning there if they can prevent it.
Check:
  • pathnodes are not too close or too far apart
  • traverses are properly aligned
  • Widths of openings for zombies to pass through are at least 70 wide.

Good luck.

P.S. I have heard to make sure the zones aren't touching. I never have so I don't know what it does.
Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 04:28:18 pm by MakeCents
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Frozen's Groups
I made sure that all the pathnodes are fine, and that the zones arent touching each other. I checked all the kvps once again and checked everything that came to my mind, but still doesnt work. I really don't think that kvps are the problem, because I've managed to make zombies spawn in zone 3 and 4, but only when im in different zone. They dont see me whenever i'm in one of those 2 not working properly zones, but they do start spawning when I open the door and stay in a different zone. How is that even possible? They don't spawn as long as i don't open the door which leads to for example zone 3, but they dont spawn anywhere as long as I stay in that zone and they spawn in the zones (in which they are suppoust to, includint zone 3) when i stay out of it.

Post Merge: April 18, 2014, 05:13:36 pm
Maybe I can send you guys the map, so you look into it if that's possible. I'm not sure which files to send though. Should I only send the once which are in root/mods/<map_name> and the one file from map_source or is there anything else i'd need to send?

I really appreciate your help, but It's slowly driving me crazy and I think it would be the easiest if I just send you the map
Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 05:13:36 pm by Frozen
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
I made sure that all the pathnodes are fine, and that the zones arent touching each other. I checked all the kvps once again and checked everything that came to my mind, but still doesnt work. I really don't think that kvps are the problem, because I've managed to make zombies spawn in zone 3 and 4, but only when im in different zone. They dont see me whenever i'm in one of those 2 not working properly zones, but they do start spawning when I open the door and stay in a different zone. How is that even possible? They don't spawn as long as i don't open the door which leads to for example zone 3, but they dont spawn anywhere as long as I stay in that zone and they spawn in the zones (in which they are suppoust to, includint zone 3) when i stay out of it.

Post Merge: April 18, 2014, 05:13:36 pm
Maybe I can send you guys the map, so you look into it if that's possible. I'm not sure which files to send though. Should I only send the once which are in root/mods/<map_name> and the one file from map_source or is there anything else i'd need to send?

I really appreciate your help, but It's slowly driving me crazy and I think it would be the easiest if I just send you the map

Damn.., Dynamic path selected on all the doors? debris, spawnflags: 1
Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 05:42:49 pm by MakeCents
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Frozen's Groups
Damn.., Dynamic path selected on all the doors? debris, spawnflags: 1

Yes, all the kvps were checked at least 100 times and I'm still sitting trying to fix it.

Post Merge: April 18, 2014, 06:36:04 pm
I think I'm just gonna start new map, and copy to it everything from that one except the zones and doors. I'm gonna test the map everytime i add new zone and door, incase i come up with that problem again, I'll know what's wrong. But don't feel like doing it now, I'd propably start tomorrow

Post Merge: April 18, 2014, 09:40:14 pm
I just did all the zones, doors and triggers all over again, on a new mod and it works just fine. I've got no idea why it wasn't working before. I checked it once again and I cant find the reason. Thanks guys anyway for helping, I really appreciate it
Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 09:40:14 pm by Frozen
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Yes, all the kvps were checked at least 100 times and I'm still sitting trying to fix it.

Post Merge: April 18, 2014, 06:36:04 pm
I think I'm just gonna start new map, and copy to it everything from that one except the zones and doors. I'm gonna test the map everytime i add new zone and door, incase i come up with that problem again, I'll know what's wrong. But don't feel like doing it now, I'd propably start tomorrow

Post Merge: April 18, 2014, 09:40:14 pm
I just did all the zones, doors and triggers all over again, on a new mod and it works just fine. I've got no idea why it wasn't working before. I checked it once again and I cant find the reason. Thanks guys anyway for helping, I really appreciate it

Glad you got it. That can be frustrating. I've been in the same boat. I use tortoise svn now so I just revert things when that happens, lol.

Loading ...