My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
Signature
MakeCents's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
(Solo works fine.) I was ready to coop test today and when me and my buddy tried we got stuck in the loading screen and it says synchronizing for both of us and never loads. Since the last successful load I have made a few script changes modifying the ending, in spectators_respawn I added an if statement, some buildable modifications, and miscellaneous tweaks. The map hasn't really changed much. I've only gained 2 mbs in the dl. I am not really sure what I should start with to resolve this. Does anyone have an idea of what would cause this.

Post Merge: April 25, 2014, 11:59:05 pm
I also made melee weapons double pap-able. Modified end_game code in _zombiemode. Added fog with SetVolFog. And dynamic water textures. Replaced starting grenade with mk2_frag. Added about 25 of the little tesla models that I use in the ground for pathing the car.

I removed the double pap-able weapons, removed the fog, and commented out script changes but it is still stuck synchronizing...

Will any of this cause it not to load in coop? Would this be because of the map or the scripts?

Post Merge: April 26, 2014, 03:07:08 am
This is what shows while it sits there and synchronizes:

It just repeats DynEnt_WriteGameState wrote 2 bytes for ever.
Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 12:29:54 pm by MakeCents
This topic contains a post which is marked as the Best Answer. Click here to view it.
broken avatar :(
The Voice in your Eyes
Date Registered: 26 June 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Breton boys do what Breton boys do.
Alerion's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Did your friend have a previous version of the map? (I think I've seen some videos/pictures of it before)

If yes he could try to delete the existing map-folder before installing the new version. I had that problem before and fixed it that way.
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Did your friend have a previous version of the map? (I think I've seen some videos/pictures of it before)

If yes he could try to delete the existing map-folder before installing the new version. I had that problem before and fixed it that way.

No dice. Thanks for the suggestion though. Looks like I might be releasing this with single player only, I guess. Going to revert scripts, test, and then revert the map and retest to see if I can isolate the issue, but that will take time I don't have right now, lol. If I only knew if it was script or map related...
Marked as best answer by MakeCents 10 years ago
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
BE ORIGINAL
MakeCents's Groups
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
Good news! After reverting my mod folder and compiling the map and patch the coop test passed! So it isn't the map or models or water or anything like that. I think its a script issue, unless you can have too many textures or something? I just have to go over all of my code in _zombiemode.gsc, my buildable.gsc, and map.gsc, I think. Any other suggestions that involve the mods folder would be greatly appreciated. Especially if I can't narrow this down. My next tests will be of obvious code, that involves getting all the players, and then I will revert all the scripts if that doesn't work to make sure it is a script issue.  If it is, then I will revert  one at a time I guess?

--Update 5/5/14
It wasn't. Now I am going to revert the whole mod again and try and get it working again, then update one piece at a time to see which file is causing this problem.

--[SOLVED]
I don't understand the reason, but once I got rid of not only the double pap melee weapons, but I also reverted the upgraded gun and world models to the normal models, and then it works in coop again. I don' t have a clue why it works in single player but not coop. My smaller test map works in coop fine with these items. Must have hit some limit or something. Next map will get these upgrades then maybe...

--Update 5/6/14
I tried splitting two zones into 6 zones to add density to the spawns. Worked great in single player, but coop got stuck in synchronizing when trying to load. Also converted a couple models to script models and had the same problem. I don't know whats going on, I guess I made this map too big.

--Update 5/7/14
So remember when I added WAY too many script models under the map to guide a brushmodel and it caused me 2 weeks of troubleshooting and removing all the cool shit I worked so hard on... yeah, that was cool.
Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 02:37:55 am by MakeCents

Loading ...