Created 10 years ago
by Deleted User
broken avatar :(
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
This user is deleted :(
OK so I know about how to fix the 400fx error so this is not what you think...

I just reinstalled WAW and mod tools and copied over all my zone source files from my old mod tools folder - in which almost EVERY FX is commented out in almost every file, so in my old mod tools I was always able to use loads of custom fx without ever getting this error - however after recompiling with my new mod tools I get this error, even though EVERYTHING is still commented out in my zone source files, mapname, and mapname patch, so why am I still getting this error?? It's like it's ignoring my zone source files and it's calling the fx from somewhere else?  ??? ???

How it is now I can't play any of my maps that ran perfectly fine before the reinstall as they all give me this error now.... :( >:(
This topic contains a post which is marked as the Best Answer. Click here to view it.
The Voice in your Eyes
Date Registered: 26 June 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Breton boys do what Breton boys do.
Alerion's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Did you hit the converter button in the launcher after re-installing the tools?
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
No, I wasn't sure whether to do that since I copied over all my old stuff so it technically wasn't a complete 'fresh' reinstall as such, and I was under the impression bad things can happen if you press that button lol...so what does it actually do? And so you think that will fix the problem?
The Voice in your Eyes
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Alerion's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
No, I wasn't sure whether to do that since I copied over all my old stuff so it technically wasn't a complete 'fresh' reinstall as such, and I was under the impression bad things can happen if you press that button lol...so what does it actually do? And so you think that will fix the problem?

As long as you still have a backup you could just try it. If not you can still make one.
I don't exactly know what it does, but I had simmilar issues before I pressed it that one time.
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
What exactly would I need to backup first?
The Voice in your Eyes
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Alerion's Groups
Well, what did you import in the first place?
the best would be to make a backup of all edited stuff (or just the whole folder which would take longer).
include the folders "maps", "raw" (if you have custom scripts here), "model-export" (if you already have custom textures/models which would make it necessary too to backup the depending files in your raw folder)
Then make a complete re-install of your moddingtools including the step where you press that button once.
afterwards copy everything back in and see if it works.

EDIT and the map_source folder ofc, from which you should make regular backups anyways.
Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 10:26:42 pm by Alerion
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
The converter button converts xmodels, fx, xanim, images, sounds, ETC from both the game and whats included in mod tools itself. You need to press this button everytime you install mod tools for everything to be properly converted.
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
Fuuck, so I have to install the damn Mod tools and copy everything over again???  :'( This better work then guys or I'm gonna be seriously pissed lol  ;D
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
Fuuck, so I have to install the damn Mod tools and copy everything over again???  :'( This better work then guys or I'm gonna be seriously pissed lol  ;D

wow, i never said it was the cause of your issue. lol

Why not try using converter with your current install and see what happens?
The Voice in your Eyes
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Alerion's Groups

I'm keeping my fingers crosed for you:P
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
wow, i never said it was the cause of your issue. lol

Why not try using converter with your current install and see what happens?

Because I was told NEVER to push that button or my PC would blow up...
No but seriously if I push the converter button what's the worst case scenario? Would I lose anything?
The Voice in your Eyes
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Alerion's Groups
If you have a backup, the worst thing to happen would be that you have to re-install the modtools:D
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
Because I was told NEVER to push that button or my PC would blow up...
No but seriously if I push the converter button what's the worst case scenario? Would I lose anything?

When i did it with the MP weapon chalks all that happened is that the textures got deleted. Everything else worked just fine.
  • steviewonder87
  • Deleted Member
steviewonder87
Haha, well of course, if I back stuff up I can always reinstall the mod tools from fresh, but I've done that like 3 times in the last few days and I'm sick of it lol and I'd like to avoid that option if possible, I meant if I hit converter now what is the worst thing that could happen? Would it randomly delete all my non-WAW fx, models, etc.?
The Voice in your Eyes
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Alerion's Groups
Haha, well of course, if I back stuff up I can always reinstall the mod tools from fresh, but I've done that like 3 times in the last few days and I'm sick of it lol and I'd like to avoid that option if possible, I meant if I hit converter now what is the worst thing that could happen? Would it randomly delete all my non-WAW fx, models, etc.?

It could delete or corrupt certain files..
I ragequitted and took a six month break at some point during the 5th reinstall of the tools:D

Loading ...