Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
GAM3VIDZ's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
GAM3VIDZ's Contact & Social LinksGAM3VIDZGAM3VIDZMy Website
So I finished creating my first map! Let me know what you think.

GAM3ROOM (My First Map)
Fight through the horde of zombies in this small room, too bad the walls can't talk or they could tell you about the secrets hidden within.

Mediafire

Features
Wall Guns
Kar98
M1 Carbine
MP40

Perks
Juggernaut (Fixed 3 Hit)
Double Tap 2.0
Sleight of Hand
Quick Revive

Easter Eggs
Easter Egg to access Mystery Box
Easter Egg to access Pack A Punch

Other Features
Solo Play Button

Shoutouts
YaPhil (Double Tap 2.0)

Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s3GlzK2adk

Pictures

[/font]
Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 03:19:25 pm by GAM3VIDZ
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 31 August 2014
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Professional Procrastinator
LegitimateRage's Contact & Social LinkslegitimaterageTheLegitRageTheLegitimateRage
I hate leaving negative reviews, especially when it's your first map and I know I couldn't really come close to doing one myself but I kinda have to.

All I'm saying is, stock weapons/perks and a cube-ish map? Yawn. Granted you fixed some perks but still, this isn't a map that could entertain me to round 5, let alone 25. I honour the fact you attempted a map and I know you'll improve as you develop more, but on a site where the entire page is filled with kick-ass maps, it's easy to be disinterested in a Map as plain as this. So yeah, I'll always welcome another Map Maker, it's great to have a new content creator in the mix but as for now I have no desire to finish this map in its current bland state.
The Last of Us
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎
Signature
smasher248's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
smasher248's Contact & Social Linkssmasher248smasher248
looks ok, could do with a bit more detail, and some custom guns, but good effort for a first map :)
Date Registered: 15 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
GAM3VIDZ's Groups
Thank you, yea I started making a tutorial series, than upgraded it, but didn't want to spend a whole lot of time with the map so just kept it basic. My next map will have all new stuff and take me a lot longer to make lol
Date Registered: 20 July 2015
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
IIzDaGhost's Groups
IIzDaGhost's Contact & Social Links
Great map man especially as you are a youtuber as well :3  I would love to give you a match on your map  or any map, add me Steam@ DedicatedPro or XBOX@ Cloaked Forever :)
Date Registered: 27 October 2013
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
dazzibhoy1's Groups
dazzibhoy1's Contact & Social Linksdazzibhoy
waw guns noooooooooooo :( box map nooooooooooooo :(............... but the map works  ;)

maybe next map will have custom guns
Date Registered: 23 April 2015
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
Signature
Money isn't everything but everything has a price
Eternal_Fire's Groups
Eternal_Fire's Contact & Social Links
but didn't want to spend a whole lot of time with the map so just kept it basic.

Are you saying you didn't want to put much effort into this map  :poker:
Date Registered: 11 May 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT
Signature
DeathBringerZen's Groups
Are you saying you didn't want to put much effort into this map  :poker:

I think that is pretty obvious from what he wrote.
OnionmanVere Bo21
Date Registered: 27 September 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Signature
Aye mate you don't know me so y don't you shut tf up ok buddy :)

Scobalula's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links
I played, I'll be honest, it got boring after 5 rounds. It's just repetive, I feel you could have done a bit more.

However the lighting was nice actually, subtle, I like the way the perks were in the wall and you didn't exactly know what you were getting, maybe try implementing Shi No Numa's system for even more surprise? The scripts are there so all you have to do is implement it, we're here if you need any assistance.

The Teddy Bears were cool too, taking it a shot further with a little mini-easter egg, I like it.

Here's some stuff to consider:

*Add more areas, even maybe 3-4 More, if you need help with zoning we're here, as it can be hard to get your head around it the first time but once you get it done once, you understand it, trust me, when I first looked at the Zoning guide on the wiki for the first time my brain turned to mush, but after getting it done once, it was like second anture.

*Custom Weapon, they are more available now *cough* CFG Factory *cough* so maybe add some more? I don't usually mind stock weapons but maybe spice it up with some weapons, if you have later Call of Duty titles and would like to convert models and anims yourself, check out Rollon's .tanim converting tutorial, Click Here. There are also tutorials on his channel for doing custom animating as the anims aren't available for Ghosts and AW, like zones, these become easy enough after you try a few times, it took me 5-6 watches and attempt to finally get it right. :)

*If you take the path of adding more areas consider adding more perks, I would suggest Harry's perks here: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,7656.0.html

Overall: Like mentioned above it unfortunately becomes quite repetitive after 5 or so rounds, again, consider adding more areas, perks and weapons. If you need any help with anything we're here. :)
Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 02:13:31 pm by Scobalula
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
GAM3VIDZ's Groups
I played, I'll be honest, it got boring after 5 rounds. It's just repetive, I feel you could have done a bit more.

Thanks for all the advice, yea this map wasn't really supposed to be a "good" map lol it was mainly I started teaching people how to make their own maps, than I continued to learn more stuff and added it in so I could teach them etc.

I made it a box map because it's simple and I like symmetry (which is awful in the gaming world lol) I kept the waw guns, because well frankly I've missed them most people don't have them anymore, so it felt good using them again. And I kept the map rather simple so that I could actually say I finished something, because I'm known to giving up on stuff a lot.

For my next map I plan to spend a lot of time on it, custom everything pretty much, and will have more areas, guns, perks, easter eggs etc.

I did think of the Shi No Numa idea, as soon as I was like I'll put these in the wall, however I tried the code twice and was like meh, I'll just learn it another time.

One thing I find is that the scripts. are wonderful, however some of the tutorials (especially when you're downloading other assets) aren't as good. I'm more of a I gotta see it done once and I'll remember kind of guy, which is why I started doing video tutorials.

But like I said, this map is done, will be starting a new map, and will be looking into all the stuff you mentioned, so thank you for that.
Remington R5
Date Registered: 18 January 2015
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
paypal.me/RT275
Signature
paypal.me/RT275
Rorke's Groups
Rorke's Contact & Social Linkshickle.meddowsandrewshaworiginal_rorkewormnation
I might play this later and give feed back
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
GAM3VIDZ's Groups
I might play this later and give feed back

Thanks! I hope you enjoy it :)
Remington R5
Date Registered: 18 January 2015
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
paypal.me/RT275
Rorke's Groups
Rorke's Contact & Social Linkshickle.meddowsandrewshaworiginal_rorkewormnation
Thanks! I hope you enjoy it :)
i like to support new mappers as long as they don't make more than 1 box map
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
GAM3VIDZ's Groups
i like to support new mappers as long as they don't make more than 1 box map

haha, definitely not, mainly just did this map for my tutorial series. Next map will be bigger and much better and wont take a week to make ;)
Date Registered: 7 March 2014
Last active: 2 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
UGX Site Moderator
My Groups
More
More
MZslayer11's Groups
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
MZslayer11's Contact & Social LinksMZslayer11Service_Code_30#2655
I think people are tired of box maps, but as box maps go, this one was one of the better ones. I like that there was actually a chalenge and an Easter egg to unlock PaP and the box. The hidden doors were also a nice touch. It's better than just having all the perks, weapons, PaP,  and box all scattered around one room. Like others have said, I liked the lighting. I'm pretty sure there was only one light in the map but it worked lol. It gave a more spooky feel to the map rather than spamming bright lights around the map like new mappers tend to do.

I know this is your first map and I can understand why you wanted to keep it simple. I feel you have great potential and I am excited to see what you can do with your next map. Like others have said, there are tons of tutorials on this site to add custom scripts and such as well as tons of custom weaponry on cfg. Don't be afraid to ask questions on the forum or chat and I think you will go far as a mapper. Good luck.  :)

Loading ...